Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

Pixel Perfect Formatting rules for subtotals and totals

Hi,

I am developing in the designer a Pixel perfect report that looks like the image below. I would like to have a table with 9 expressions and 2 dimensions in the left with its sub total and total data by these two dimensions.

Captura.JPG

As you can see below in my output table, I would like the negative figures to be in red while positive ones in black. I am not being able to develop this in the formatting rule,  for the sub totals and totals.

Moreover, for the last line, the total, is imported from a table and in the conditions of the formatting sheet tule editor, tables are not available but levels

Captura2.JPG

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggerio,

I finally got it to work. The conditions were correct, but the thing of having a condition for the levels, another one for the subtotals and another one for the totals is very time consuming and frustrating, as you need to check every part of each cell for each line.

Therefore, I have 3 conditions for each line and field (3 levels (line level, sub total and total) * 9 fields * 6 tables = 162 conditions)

The condition of the sub totals with a simple sum for each operation  is enough, and for the totals it is not possible to do through NPrinting features, so I had to add a detailed report and add a table just containing the totals so I could add this final total line.

Thanlk you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Post also the screenshot of the formatting rules you are testing. Based on the previous conversation NPrinting Pixel Perfect Formatting rule colour by number not working I suppose you are writing wrong Condition.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggerio,

I finally got it to work. The conditions were correct, but the thing of having a condition for the levels, another one for the subtotals and another one for the totals is very time consuming and frustrating, as you need to check every part of each cell for each line.

Therefore, I have 3 conditions for each line and field (3 levels (line level, sub total and total) * 9 fields * 6 tables = 162 conditions)

The condition of the sub totals with a simple sum for each operation  is enough, and for the totals it is not possible to do through NPrinting features, so I had to add a detailed report and add a table just containing the totals so I could add this final total line.

Thanlk you.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Good to know that you solved by creating different conditions as I suggested in the other conversation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.