cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luigibrancati
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pixel Perfect label with variable and text

I need to have a bunch  of labels with some text in it. The issue is that part of the text is stored in a variable and is common to all labels, the other part of the text depends on the section of the document where the label is used. What I want to do is something equivalent to the Qlik Sense formula

='$(variable)'&'Text'

What I do is inserting the variable as text in a label object, like so

1.png

But the variable is not filled in.

I would like to avoid the option where I have to define a variable for each case, since there's quite a few sections where I need to use this. Is there a way to make the variable fill in its value?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Apparently, if I put the variable as text and not bind it to the label, the variable is filled in only into global bands like detail, report header ecc. but is not filled in the very same label when used inside a Detail Report, As show in the images below

2.png

3.png

The first label is in a global detail band and is filled in with the variable value, the second label is in the detail band of a detail report and is not filled in with the variable value. Why this odd behavior? What am I missing?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

One way could be inserting the Qlik Sense formula into the Formula node:

•  Right click on the Formulas node
  • Click on the Add formula option
  • If necessary, select the connection from the drop down menu in the
    upper right corner
  • Insert the Name
  • Insert the formula
  • Confirm by clicking on Ok
  • Drag and drop the formula into the template

Best Regards,

ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.