Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

PixelPerfect Table of content custom page

Hi guys

This is something that some clients complain about the PixelPerfect solution. 

1. The page for Table of Content cannot be customized. Do you have any idea how to add at least a header and footer to it?

2. Are two columns not possible? Is there any work around for it?

3. Do you use scripts for PixelPerfect? I mean not only the same as in the tutorials but for custom formating for example.

Lets share our thoughts.

Regards

Hatus

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1 You can add Page Header and Footer that are common for all pages of a report. Or you can add elements like labels under the TOC. 

2 No, I just checked without success. The TOC can have only a single column.

3 I suggest to use scripts only if there are no other solutions. For example evaluate to use formatting rules.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1 You can add Page Header and Footer that are common for all pages of a report. Or you can add elements like labels under the TOC. 

2 No, I just checked without success. The TOC can have only a single column.

3 I suggest to use scripts only if there are no other solutions. For example evaluate to use formatting rules.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

I am sorry to confirm that the suggestion number 1 with Page Header and Footer do definetelly not work. It is not possible to add any other element to the tael of contents in PixelPerfect.

Is there an example on how to build a table of content in PixelPerfect page with header and footer?

Best regards

Hatus

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Hatus 

Please check the attached tutorial. It explains the most used features of PixelPerfect templates. I hope it helps you, let me know if it solves or if you need more help.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Thanks for the document I already have this one from another article.

The problem is that it shows nothing new. The Table of Contents is still alone in a page where no other elements including bands cann be added to the same page. 

All the clients complains about it and I agree that it cannot be presented as a professional report solution to their customers where suddenly there is a stand alone table of contents in a page with no logo, no header, no variable subtitle, no key date, no footer and no page number.

I would like to raise a feature request in this matter so that other users can profit from it in the future.

@Frank_S  @Lech_Miszkiewicz  Do you have experienced the same issue with PixelPerfect templates?

Kind regards

Hatus

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some more tests and I confirm that the Table of Content entity in PixelPerfect templates always occupies the entire page. 
A workaround could be  inserting customized labels in the top and/or bottom margin bands, both will be visible on each page of the generated reports.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero