Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konidena
Creator
Creator

Please post me any document which helps how to use set analysis in Nprinting

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to create the Line chart in Nprinting instead of creating in Qliksense. Could any one please provide me the doc for how to use set analysis in Nprinting November 2017.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Set Analysis syntax is the same as in QlikView/Qlik Sense!

But before you jump to this - you better first learn what is NPrinting and what templates it is using. What each of these templates can offer. Below links will help you with this.

Places you can start from are:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/Introduction/Introduction.htm

There is quite a lot of videos on youtube - just use google search or go straight to Qlik channel:

Qlik report distribution capabilities - Qlik NPrinting - YouTube

and go through all of those as well keeping in mind that some of the options could be different between different versions of NPrinitng 16.x, 17.x & 18.x:

Value Added Products Resource Library

Once you learn little bit more about NPrinitng then maybe revisit your question providing us with some more details like:

• version of NPrinitng you will use
  • template you want to use
  • output format (html, doc, pdf, xls.. etc...)

Provide also what would you like to achieve (some screenshots)

and...

then we can take it further

hope this helps

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Set Analysis syntax is the same as in QlikView/Qlik Sense!

But before you jump to this - you better first learn what is NPrinting and what templates it is using. What each of these templates can offer. Below links will help you with this.

Places you can start from are:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/Introduction/Introduction.htm

There is quite a lot of videos on youtube - just use google search or go straight to Qlik channel:

Qlik report distribution capabilities - Qlik NPrinting - YouTube

and go through all of those as well keeping in mind that some of the options could be different between different versions of NPrinitng 16.x, 17.x & 18.x:

Value Added Products Resource Library

Once you learn little bit more about NPrinitng then maybe revisit your question providing us with some more details like:

• version of NPrinitng you will use
  • template you want to use
  • output format (html, doc, pdf, xls.. etc...)

Provide also what would you like to achieve (some screenshots)

and...

then we can take it further

hope this helps

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
konidena
Creator
Creator
Author

I have some knowledge in Qlik Nprinting.

Here is my expectation. I have a date field. This should display in x-axis in line chart .

Passenger count on Y axis.  Set analysis condition is: We need to show the date range for 90 days.

Requirement: Need to fetch the columns into Nprinting levels

Columns: Date field, Passenger count

Need to design the Line chart in Nprinting Excel template with the above requirement.

I want to use the set analysis for this logic in nprinting.

Hope you are clear at my requirement.

Please let me know if you need anything from my end.

Regards

Srinivas

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well mate - you got it wrong! This is not how NPrinting works - so please go through those documents (i suggest you start with the one below)

You need to prepare your data series in Qlik - so basicly you prepare say: straight table with data aggregated like you want it  for you line chart in Qlik and then you need to use this already aggregated data as series in NPrinting.

In the link I have mentioned in my previous post there are examples.

How to Create MS Excel Charts from Qlikview Data

regards

Lech

konidena
Creator
Creator
Author

I got your point. For sure, i go through the list of links you provided.

Could you please give me one sample code how to use set analysis in Nprinting when we create the chart in Nprinting Excel

Regards

Srinivas

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

like i said above - you apply your set analysis in Qlik (not in NPrinitng).

So if you know how to use it in Qlik - that's all what you need to know. There is no Set analysis in NPrinting as NPrinting is not doing aggregation - QlikView or Qlik Sense is!!!

So basicly you need to build your chart in Qlik (also with set analysis) and then use its series (dimensions and expresions as a source for NPrinting.) In other words its like if you would build your line chart in Qlik, then used this chart to "Export Data" to excel and then from exported data build Excel chart.

This is exactly how NPrinitng works

hope this helps

regards

Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Do you have any other questions regarding this topic?

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.