Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbalestieri
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ports required to be opened for communication between Qlik NPrinting Server, Engine (in the same VM)

Hello there!

i red the post on how to open ports in Qlik NPriting while installing Server and Engine (also watched the videos) and i cant fully understand wich protocol use in each case. fe: 

4997Engine TLS certificates exchange server.

In the video we open the port 4997 using TCP protocol but...what about the others?

Glad if someone could share this information. Kind regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

After your question I asked to the team that manages the help site to add the name of the protocol on the side of each port number to improve readability.

I don0t know when it will be implemented but not it is under official control.

Thanks for your input.

Best REgards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Refer to the help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm :

"Qlik NPrinting uses the following Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port numbers."

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
lbalestieri
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for reply!
Im aware of the content in the help site page but i dont fully understand what protocol uses each port. Its not the same to use TPC to open port 4997 than use UDP.
Hope you can help me with this one
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

After your question I asked to the team that manages the help site to add the name of the protocol on the side of each port number to improve readability.

I don0t know when it will be implemented but not it is under official control.

Thanks for your input.

Best REgards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
aniketvasadkar_eq
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I have question related to similar topic. We have issue in using server connection between NPrinting and QlikView

And I see nothing is listening on port 4997.

Do we know how to start any process on port 4997 on NPrinting ?

In Logs I see authentication failed messages.

Thanks

Aniket

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

For new, different, questions please start a new conversation with your details (included the version of Qlik NPrinting) instead of adding posts on very old conversations. Thanks.

Ports used by Qlik NPrinting, and related firewall rules, are listed in the help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm.

In what log file do you see the errors? Did you reinstalled the Qlik NPrinting Engine? It will be useful to have the complete log files attached to the new conversation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero