Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sergey241
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

PowerPoint Combo charts reset data range

Hello.

In PowerPoint, when I assemble (Preview) the presentation, combo charts have their data range reset and the data doesn't have the formatting that I set in Excel.
Turn off the "Keep Source Formats" checkbox.
In the designer, the table is displayed correctly, formatting is applied, and the calculated field is displayed.
I am attaching screenshots.

Nprinting version - Qlik NPrinting April 2020 Version: 20.10.2.0

Qlik Sense version - Qlik Sense November 2020 - 13.102.5

I will be glad for any help.
Thank you.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots. I'm sorry but I have not completely understood your question. You are trying to create a native PowerPoint chart from Qlik Sense data and, in the resulting report, some columns are missing, correct?

If this is the scenario please check https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/PowerPointReports/Chart-Native-Table... that you are working on a supported type of chart. 

Are you trying to embed an Excel worksheet in a PowerPoint template?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Sergey241

I've created a Powerpoint Chart with Qlik Sense data and did not have to uncheck 'keep source formats'. (the steps as mentioned in the link above from @Ruggero_Piccoli

I will attach a sample report that I created along with source QVF file and sample output. (see attached zip file MS Chart with QS data.zip below.)

I also did not understand exactly what the issue you have experienced, but I presume that your expected certain results that did not appear until you 'unchecked' keep source formats in the NP template editor

In my example, I did not need to take that action and I was able to produce a chart with two calculated columns and one dimension (to parallel your QS app).

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Sergey241
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello. Sorry for the long answer.
Thank you for your responses.
I'm trying to display QS data in a combo chart and calculate the additional field "Amount for the year - YTD in it.
In the template editor, the "YTD" field is displayed, but when I click "Preview", the data is substituted into the chart, and the additional field is not displayed.
I'm building a chart using the powerpoint function "Change data in Excel". In the final presentation, if I change the data for the chart using excel, the "YTD" field is shown, but it is not reflected in the diagram and must be added manually.
Thank you

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Sergey241

In a previous comment, I created and shared an app and report with you so you could reverse engineer how to create such a report successfully.

If that doesn't help you, I suggest that you add:

• Detailed steps you are taking to create the report
  • Include snapshots of each step.
  • provide a mock up image of the expected results
  • provide and image again of the actual results
  • describe in detail what you mean by " if I change the data for the chart using excel, the "YTD" field is shown, but it is not reflected in the diagram and must be added manually"

If we are going to be able to provide some kind of meaningful response, well need this level of detail provided from.

However again, if you check my app and report to try reverse engineer it, you might see where to solve the problem (whatever that is since it is still unclear to us) in your environment.

Otherwise, it may be prudent for to work with your Qlik Account manager who can arrange a consulting engagement to help you with your requirement and perhaps other reporting requirements if we are unable to help you here in this forum.

Kind regards

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!