Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvrphanikumar
Creator
Creator

Powerpoint KPI formatting

Fairly new to Nprint.

Would like to call out KPI's in a powepoint.

When i import prebuilt kpi's as images,i'm unable to embed them between sentence's and well format them within Nprint.

Tried to use KPI's as Formulas in Designer and embed them into power point but unable to format them

I noticed PDF has better formatting options.Is there a better way to Properly call out KPI's in powepoint ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

For the KPI in PPT you can still format values directly in formula using num() function 

like:

num(Sum(Expression1),'#,##0.0 %')

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @nvrphanikumar 

Welcome to Qlik NPrinting and the NPrinting Community.

First, just a few points:

Also the NPrinting online help is an important resource as well for newcomers to NPrinting. 

Hopefully this information guides you in the right direction and that you enjoy your experience with Qlik NPrinting. The videos and help links mentioned here may also give the answers you are looking for.

If you can provide any additional information mentioned above, the members of this community may be able to further point you in the right direction.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
nvrphanikumar
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Frank.

Nprint  Version: 19.19.4.0 ;

Qlik sense is Nov 2018 Patch 4( 12.44.7)

Users would a Power Point Output designed using Nprint.

I displayed the layout in the picture.clipboard_image_2.png

I tried to display the % using Formula'sclipboard_image_1.png  but unable to format them.

When I use  Images,I'm unable to size them as mentioned in the layout.

Tried importing them as tables ,didnt help either.

I will checkout your other links.Thank you

I haven't gone through an official training for designer but have gone through the youtube videos .

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @nvrphanikumar 

I did some testing and confirm that you cannot format formula values.

To do sums and other chart value type formulas I suggest that you:

• 1. Create a Chart in qlik sense that contains the values you want to export in your NP report
  • 2. Reload your NP connection to see the new chart
  • 3. Add the chart field to the template
  • 4. Remove 'keep source formats'
  • 5. Add your format to the format field after removing keep source format ie $#,##0.00
  • 6. Preview your report...see about below.

clipboard_image_0.png

Hope this clarifies and guides you in the right direction!

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

For the KPI in PPT you can still format values directly in formula using num() function 

like:

num(Sum(Expression1),'#,##0.0 %')

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
nvrphanikumar
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks.This certainly helped.

I was focused on getting to format it using power point .

I was able to apply your suggestion and then able to increase size and change colors in Powerpoint.