Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinjdkdekock1
Contributor
Contributor

Powerpoint not docked in NPrinting designer

Good Day

Kindly assist with the below issue.

When a specific user(Not all users) creates a Powerpoint NPrinting report and try to edit it, Powerpoint is not docked in NPrinting designer, you are not able to drag and drop a image/chart from Qlik Sense into the Powerpoint slide, which means this user cannot create a Powerpoint Nprinting report. This issue occurs with all office formats(Word excel etc.)

Below is an image of how it actually looks when the user edits an NPrinting Powerpoint report, is there a specific way to dock Powerpoint onto NPrinting designer.

justinjdkdekock1_0-1637734870119.png

@nprinting 

Thanks ,

Justin 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

ok - so it may be a zoom level on that person's PC - make sure you follow the steps to setup 100% zoom level on that PC and then try again.

Those steps were available in this article: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Qlik-NPrinting-Designer-can-t-find-a-suppor...

which leads to this article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/NPrinting-Designer-preview-fails-or-other-template-editor-is...

Make sure everything is tested from the above.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Qlik NPrinting 17.2 is no longer supported so I guess you need to upgrade your installation first.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Another thing is that your Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) must be licensed and on your screenshot you see that license is not activated -  so that is the next step.

If issue is still there after you apply license then you may need to review this topic as it may be linked:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Qlik-NPrinting-Designer-can-t-find-a-suppor...

justinjdkdekock1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The version I am using is v21.0.0.0, the incorrect version was added, sorry.

justinjdkdekock1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks I will have a look at that and get back to you.

justinjdkdekock1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This did not resolve the issue unfortunately

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @justinjdkdekock1 

you mean you have checked the link I have provided and all other links in that article which troubleshoot things like:

• multiple screens
  • high DPI screens
  • zoom level setting in windows
  • compatibility mode of designer
  • latest version of MsOffice issues etc...

If you done all above then you may as well open support ticket with Qlik to try to troubleshoot more.

cheers

justinjdkdekock1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

We all remote into the server to access NPrinting, when I remote into it it works fine(With my windows username and she uses hers). It's just this user that's affected(We use the same credentials to log into NPrinting)

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

ok - so it may be a zoom level on that person's PC - make sure you follow the steps to setup 100% zoom level on that PC and then try again.

Those steps were available in this article: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Qlik-NPrinting-Designer-can-t-find-a-suppor...

which leads to this article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/NPrinting-Designer-preview-fails-or-other-template-editor-is...

Make sure everything is tested from the above.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @justinjdkdekock1 

Thanks for marking my answer as solution - was the issue resolved by setting correct zoom level or did you find other/different solution within links I provided above. It would be great if you could share solution which worked for you as this is an issue which appears quite often and would be good to collect information on most common solution.

cheers

Lech