cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Preview time out in NPrinting

Hi

I have a problem with NPrinting (version 17.4). In template editor when I try to visualize the preview of a sheet filled with objects added from the connected objects I encounter a time out problem. The visualization of an empty sheet preview doesn't have problem. If I create a task to create the report, this process goes on indefinitely until I abort it.

Thank you

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the meantime, is QlikView busy calculating your objects (and consuming memory) or is the process stalling?

You can try to reduce the number of objects and apply a process of elimination to find the one that is causing a headache...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Fabio,

The preview time depends on many factors, for example the structure of the template.

It would be useful to have a screenshot of the template.

About the task failure please post your logs or check if there are specific error messagges.

Are you connecting to a QlikView document or to a Qlik Sense app?

A preview of an empty template is not useful because it does not need to retrive data from the connection so try to create a very simple report from the connection you are having issue (for example an Excel template with only an image). and check if this preview works.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.