cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem: Excel page sorting?

Hi!

I have to generate an excel report, that contains data from a lot of years in the past. I've divided the excel to pages based on the year and the month. The only problem is, that at this moment the report already contains more than 60 pages, with the newest and most noteworthy data on the last page while the excel always opens the first page, so it is not really the most pleasant way to present the report to our customer. Still for some reason filtering out the old data isn't an option.

Now I'm taking the page from a field that I have created in Qlik Sense load script, and it sorts automatically so that the earliest Year-month combination is on the first page. I haven't found any way to change this sorting, should there be one? I also haven't found a way to make Excel open the last page by default, the resorting wouldn't be needed if this was possible?

I tried to resolve the problem by creating a table of those year-month values in the Sense app and sorting it in descending order. But when I create the page based on this table, NPrinting gives an error saying: "Object (ID) of Sense app (ID) failed to render. ERROR: Index was outside the bounds of the array" and doesn't generate the report.

Our NPrinting and Sense were just updated to the newest versions.

Is there any hints on what I could try to do?

2 Replies
balabhaskarqlik

Keep your NPrinting templates on an accessible local or network drive that is not a mapped drive.

Ensure that you do not have the template open in the desktop when you attempt to edit it.

Try to also create a new template as this one may have become corrupted.

Which version you've upgrade your system from?

Also, try to Edit the page and select one of the objects.. It might show you that one of the dimensions is missing...

Which means the reload has failed.

Try to check the reload status in QMC and check the Operations Monitor's logs..

OR

You should do the sorting in the source document (QlikSense qvf file).

The excel tabs are ordered by default based on the order the dimension is selected

Is the data sorted in an object in descending or ascending order?  If not you should. If you do not want the user to see it, you can hide the object.

jakob_rasmussen
Contributor III
Contributor III

I realize this is fairly old subject, but I spent several hours troubleshooting on the same error message "Index was outside the bounds of the array" on a report that had been running unchanged for several months. It turned out that a simple restart of the NPrinting services solved the issue and made reports generate again.

Just a heads up if you've ended up here by searching for this non-meaningful error message.

Jakob