Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lprill1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Problem with OnDemand-Feature

Dear Qlik Community,

Since last Tuesday, we have been getting the following error message in Chrome and Microsoft Edge when using the OnDemand feature for NPrinting.

An error occurred:
{"code":403, "message": "User has no rights to access the resource"}.

We had this error once in the past, but were able to resolve it with the help of the following post:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Nprinting-Ondemand-not-working-on-Chrome/td...

The error occurred suddenly without us changing anything in the application. Strangely enough, the OnDemnad function works in Internet Explorer.

Support has already been informed, but maybe someone from the community has had the same experience recently.

Already many thanks and best regards
Lennart

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@lprill1 

Check the following article. it has the necessary information to construct your user custom or existing NP security roles as needed or to add On Demand report access.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-QlikView-On-Demand-with-NPrinting-19-an...

The error is usually due to a permissions issue.

Can you double check if the NP role(s) with On Demand Access are assigned to that user?

Perhaps Role permissions or Role access for the user in question were changed recently...it's worth looking into.

But make sure to go through the article above from end to end to ensure that On Demand is configured as needed.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Hi,

Could you, please, try to replicate the problem with the Browser dev tool active and generate an HAR file? There should be more info there:

https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204410413-Generating-a-HAR-file-for-troubleshooting

Could you, please, also double check that you can reach the NPrinting console from the Sense Server?

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up ! 🙂
Frank_S
Support
Support

@lprill1 

Check the following article. it has the necessary information to construct your user custom or existing NP security roles as needed or to add On Demand report access.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-QlikView-On-Demand-with-NPrinting-19-an...

The error is usually due to a permissions issue.

Can you double check if the NP role(s) with On Demand Access are assigned to that user?

Perhaps Role permissions or Role access for the user in question were changed recently...it's worth looking into.

But make sure to go through the article above from end to end to ensure that On Demand is configured as needed.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
lprill1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi guys

thanks for your quick replies.

@Frank_S :
That's very unlikely as we really haven't changed anything in the environment. Also, the problem occurs with all users. Nevertheless, I checked again - everything should be configured correctly in the console.
And it does work in the Internet Explorer browser - what is strange in my opinion.

@Andrea_Bertazzo :
Enclosed I have created a HAR file for you.
Also I can reach the NPrinting console from the reload-, development- and access-server.

Thank you very much again and best regards
Lennart

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Are you sure you are using February 2021 and not February 2020? Could you check please? That is because we solved a similar issue in February 2020 SR1. From the Release Notes:

Chrome SameSite cookie
Jira issue ID: OP-9144
Starting from February 2020, Google Chrome 80 manages the SameSite cookie differently. Qlik NPrinting supports this new configuration on both HTTP and HTTPS connections. On-Demand for Qlik Sense and QlikView will continue to work.

If it affects all users, you did not change nothing and it affects Chrome and Edge (both use Chromium engine) I suspect it still is the SameSite cookie problem you linked in the first message.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
lprill1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

thank you for your reply. I just checked again and yes, we have installed the February 2021 version.

What I noticed is that if you search for "samesite" under Chrome://flags, there are only two, instead of three, (see screenshot) results. Has something changed here with a newer Chrome version?

lprill1_0-1623743102610.png

Many thanks and best regards
Lennart