Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with excel template pages and creating pivot tables from Sense straight tables

Hello,

I have somewhat succesfully implemented my Qlik Sense pivot tables into Nprinting reports developed on an excel template by following the method that has been described for example here: How to Create an Excel PivotTable Report.

However, I run into trouble when I try to loop the report through all the values of a dimension (costcenter) with the "Page" feature: all of the pivot tables look exactly the same, i.e. they don't loop through the dimension I have set as the page. To be more precise, all of the pivots on all of the pages use the very first value of the costcenter dimension. All the other objects, formulas etc. on the page work just fine. Even the straight tables that provide the data for the pivots are looping properly from page to page.

From looking at the xlsx preview, the problem seems to be that the pivot tables from each page are referring to the same table from the first page as the data source. Hence the figures for the first costcenter come up on all of the pivot tables.

I've tried to think of a workaround to make the source dynamic but haven't come up with anything yet.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Niko

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, November 2017 release notes says:

Excel pivot tables are supported with Page feature

Jira issue ID: OP-5657

You can now create Excel pivot tables and straight tables inside worksheets with the Qlik NPrinting

Page feature activated. Excel pivot tables must be created in the same worksheet as the table that

contains the source data.

Wich version are you using?

Regards

CS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, November 2017 release notes says:

Excel pivot tables are supported with Page feature

Jira issue ID: OP-5657

You can now create Excel pivot tables and straight tables inside worksheets with the Qlik NPrinting

Page feature activated. Excel pivot tables must be created in the same worksheet as the table that

contains the source data.

Wich version are you using?

Regards

CS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah, so it was just fixed and I need to upgrade. Thanks!