cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dimich1978
Partner - Contributor III

Problem with the setup file for Nprinting

Kind day. In the Nprinting interface we can create the filter and in the bookmark "Fields" we can add with began one field, with one "connection".

screen1.JPG

further in the same filter we will create one more field but already with other "connection". And this design will successfully work.

screen2.JPG

How can it be realized using the adjusting Recipients.xlsx file (with the tabs Filters, Users, Groups)?

I hope my question it is clear.

P.S. Tried to specify in the adjusting file two identical records, but with different "connection", the first gets to filters one after another, the second is ignored. Showed on the picture below for an example

screen3.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Since you are filtering 2 different connections i would create 2 different filters and apply both of them independently. They will not "fight" each other as they are coming from differnet connections, the only thing is that you will have to include bot of them in report or task.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Since you are filtering 2 different connections i would create 2 different filters and apply both of them independently. They will not "fight" each other as they are coming from differnet connections, the only thing is that you will have to include bot of them in report or task.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dimich1978
Author

Thanks, I and arrived. As there is also no durgy option simply, today. Yes, this scheme works. I.e. you consider that in one filter two fields from different "connections" it is wrong?

Then why razrabochik will not disconnect the present possibility in the Nprinting interface. But it is rather a question to razrabochik. Once again thanks.

dimich1978
Author

Thanks, I and arrived. As there is also no other option simply, today. Yes, this scheme works. I.e. you consider that in one filter two fields from different "connections" it is wrong?

Then why developers will not disconnect the present possibility in the Nprinting interface. But it is rather a question to developers. Once again thanks.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes - i would assume that using 2 different connections in 1 filter is wrong or at least i would not consider it to be a good practice. It can simply lead to memory leaks, since on Qlik Side you will be opening 2 documents evrytimne you will use this one filter.

Creating 2 filters will prevent from accidents where use of another connection is not required.

cheers

Lech