Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monkeyb33f
Contributor II
Contributor II

Produce empty report

Hi,

We have a daily process where we create an XLS sheet if any records in our data set meet certain criteria. However, the end user has requested that in the event of no data being produced on a specific date (which happens frequently), we still create a file with just the header records, and no data.

Is this possible? Thanks.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes it is possible

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Monkeyb33f
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks - what would be the best approach to achieve this?

I was looking into whether a condition could be used? Or perhaps a template that can force it?

I'm new to nPrinting in general, so for any help you can provide I'd be grateful.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you think about it for a moment...

headers can be hardcoded as part of your template. 
so... all what you need is a dummy row with white spaces or hardspaces in your qlik datamodel so they always produce value - empty value...

that being said this becomes not an nprinting question but pure Qlik data model question, right?

...and to answer that i would need to see your data model....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your suggestion with condition can also work, although i would have to test it first... 

such solution would then require 2 conditions and 2 templates i assume. 
1st condition for when there are values so template gets populated

2nd condition where there are no values so there is a template with hardcoded headers and thats it. 

then you would need to put conditions on report level, add both reports to publish task and one of them will always be sent. 
thats it