Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manish
Creator
Creator

Publish an Excel Report to a folder using Nprinting (November 2017 version)

Hi Guys

I am trying to publish an excel report to a shared folder by creating nprinting task but no luck but I am getting an email successfully and surprisingly there is no error message in the task log as well. 

I have granted the access to nprinting service account user to the folder also.

Am I missing anything here? 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Manish

Your version shouldn't make a difference but it is VERY old and out of support (NPrinting Nov. 2017). You really need to consider upgrading to get into a supported state and to leverage not only bug fixes but also many features that have been added.

In any case, you should try the following to test your folder access for the NP service account.

• Log onto the NPrinting server as the NPrinting domain service user account (if it is not a domain account (ie if it is a local computer account) 
  • Attempt to access the folder while logged on as your domain NPrinting service user account
  • Does it work?

If your target folder is on a server out on the network in the domain and if you are using a local computer account as your NPrinting service user account then you won't be able to access network folders. This is a problem of networking that you can resolve using a domain service account for NPrinting.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Manish

Your version shouldn't make a difference but it is VERY old and out of support (NPrinting Nov. 2017). You really need to consider upgrading to get into a supported state and to leverage not only bug fixes but also many features that have been added.

In any case, you should try the following to test your folder access for the NP service account.

• Log onto the NPrinting server as the NPrinting domain service user account (if it is not a domain account (ie if it is a local computer account) 
  • Attempt to access the folder while logged on as your domain NPrinting service user account
  • Does it work?

If your target folder is on a server out on the network in the domain and if you are using a local computer account as your NPrinting service user account then you won't be able to access network folders. This is a problem of networking that you can resolve using a domain service account for NPrinting.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!