Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Publish task error on NewsStand

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with the publish task on Nprinting NewsStand.

Echec tache de publication.PNG

As you can see there is a yellow sign that means it hasn't work.

Have you ever faced an issue like that ? And what was the solution ?

My feeling is that doesn't work because of many levels on my template (I have levels of 53 companies and inside levels of the last 3 years).

When I just made a previous on NPrinting Designer it works for a user with filter on 2 or 3 companies. With more companies I have a message saying that it takes more that 10 minutes so I have to run a task.

Kevin

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I have never came accross this issue - so i would start troubleshooting by distributting in to folder location instead of NewsStand and then observe:

• what happens when you generate this report to hard drive?
  • how big is the file?
  • can you open it?
  • is it produced properly?

let me know and we will take it from there

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

• what happens when you generate this report to hard drive?

I never try it

• how big is the file?

On the NewsStand it works for users until 254 pages (levels of 6 companies)

For the user without filter (53 companies) it doesn't work. I think it would be more than 2000 pages.

• can you open it?

For first users (levels of 6 companies), the report has been published after 1 hour 30 minutes. I can open the document on the newsStand.

For the user without filter, it still running with more than 160 GO RAM used during the process. It's about 19 hours that it's running because I let it all night. At the moment I can't open the document on the newsStand.

• is it produced properly?

I think so because it works for some users

Thank you

Kevin

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Wow - is there any reason why you are creating such a giant reports? Who is analysing more than 2000 pages?

• regarding size on hard drive i was thinking about files size (how many Megabytes/Gigabytes the final file has)
  • what template are you using to produce this report? (XLS, PixelPerfect, Word, PPT) ?
  • what NPrinitng entities / objects are you using when creating template (pictures, or tables?)

we will take it from there

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Wow - is there any reason why you are creating such a giant reports? Who is analysing more than 2000 pages?

The client is the king

• regarding size on hard drive i was thinking about files size (how many Megabytes/Gigabytes the final file has)

only 1,7 Mo for 140 pages. For more than 2000 pages I don't know....

• what template are you using to produce this report? (XLS, PixelPerfect, Word, PPT) ?

Word

• what NPrinitng entities / objects are you using when creating template (pictures, or tables?)

pictures + tables + formula

Thanks for help

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

OK, Interesting,

Well - there are two spects of this thread here:

1. Why report is not apearing in NewsStand (the yellow triangle - this is mistery)
  2. How to speed up - report generation
    • this is something we can probably investigate little bit more
      • How big is your QVW file used for NPrinitng?
      • Is it dedicated QVW file just for NPrinitng - meaning that only NPrinitg is using it for report generation (not users)
      • IS there any chance you can remove data from your QVW file (remove unused columns, rows) - strip it down to only what is really necessary - this will speed up whole proces and reduce memory usage
      • Optimisize your QVW in first place so it works super fast - then we can probably do bit more with your NPrinitng report generation

What do you think Kevin - is anything i wrote above possible? From my experience the smaller QVW app the faster NPrinting

cheers

Lech

kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

• How big is your QVW file used for NPrinitng?

238,888 KB

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is not small, but it is not big neither.

Would you be able to answer the other questions from my previous post, also look at this topic where i suggest how to strip down QVW file for NPrinting:

QVW size limitations with NPrinting 17

If possible - also attach screenshot of your TableViewer from your QVW file - this will help me understand whether there may be some problem with datamodel.

cheers

Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I also glanced in Help document:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/GettingStarted/NewsStandOverview/NewsStand-Overvi...

It says that warning sign means that report was not properly generated. I quess starting over with report optimisation will be a great solution. Given how many pages you need to produce make sure you are not going over MSOffice limits:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/211489/operating-parameter-limitations-and-specifications-i...

cheers

Lech