Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QS App sizing on app vs Excel to PDF Report - Legends cut off

Hi Guys

I wonder if you could give me some tips while I finish my report off. 

I am using NPrinting April '19. I am using an excel report printed to PDF to be able to use Pivots etc... It seems like it has been our best option.

My problem currently is that I have A3 pages. And when I place two images next to each other, it seems as if the fit inside with 600 width, fits perfect. But the legend doesn't wrap/fit inside and cuts off the last object in the legend. I cannot seem to adjust this well enough so that it doesn't cut off. 

Base app looking fine:

QS half page each. Sitting well with legends etc.QS half page each. Sitting well with legends etc.

NPrint Report prints two charts perfectly but the legends all are cut off? Set to "Fit Inside" with a 600 width. (Which has worked for most of the charts with not as many on the legend)

Legends for a few charts not pulling in correctlyLegends for a few charts not pulling in correctly

Kind regards,

James

Labels (4)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The legend you posted in the second image seems different than the legend of the first image.

Can you preview the same report in both Excel and PDF formats and check if the results are different? Please post the screenshots.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for the response. Here is a better example:

App:

Eg App.PNG

Report:

Eg Report.PNG

  

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks! In this case I suggest you to open a support ticket. We need to investigate what's happening during the report creation. Please include the Qlik Sense app and the Excel template.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero

Thanks I am waiting to see if the Client will let me send a slightly scrambled copy of the app to Qlik. In the meantime it looks like a small workaround is just force the legends to the right....

clipboard_image_0.png

James

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi James,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue, we don't need the exact customer's data. So scrambled app or another app and template with the same issue will be good too.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero