Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taylorcc
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik NPrint Error

Hi, 

I'm just wondering if anyone know what could be causing this error? 

Cache generation failed:

Error processing request of type Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Requests.QlikViewDocumentMetadataRequest for sense app 99a8cb78-6391-446a-a565-befa95eb3120. ERROR: Internal error [-128]:Internal error(). Check logs for details.

Thanks, 

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Some ideas:

• February 2019 is a quite old version no more supported. Please upgrade to latest (now May 2021 SR1)
  • The error suggests "Check logs for details.". Did you checked the engine logs? Did you checked the task executions page?
  • Did you do a "Run verification" on the connection that gives you the error?
  • Are you using a supported version of Qlik Sense? Those are the supported Qlik Sense versions for latest Qlik NPrinting version May 2021 https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with-... The help site for February 2019 is no more online because it is more than two years old.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Taylorcc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero, 

The run verification worked just fine 

The log details is about 91 pages long 

How can I get help with this? Does Qlik provide staff to help in these circumstances? 

Thanks, 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Taylorcc 

Logs contain timestamps and keywords like "INFO", "WARN" or "ERROR" so it should be quite easy to find what is not working given that you know the task and timeframe when it happened.

You may open support case with Qlik support through your Qlik account or Qlik partner.

cheers

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Taylorcc

NPrinting appears to be logging an error from Qlik Sense.

The message here in this article is that there may be resource and or performance issues.

Therefore upgrade to the most recent version of NPrinting to leverage performance enhancements on the NPrinting side may help mitigate the part of the issue.

Increasing RAM and CPU resources on the NP engine and the QS server should also improve overall performance.

Recommend monitoring your NP engine and QS server for RAM and CPU for perpetually high usage or spikes and update your system resources accordingly.

Kind regards..

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Frank_S - Interesting one...

Errors -128 and -129 occur during Qlik Sense script reload and indeed indicate that you run out of the memory necessary to either build the data model or perform join, concatenation or other script function. 

I have experienced it few times when reviewing clients script who misspelled key field names and performed cartesian join for example...

It is unusual to see this error thrown when opening application though. I may be wrong and I am interested to find out what @Taylorcc will respond to your suggestion. Simple observation of Qlik Sense resources would provide us with easy answer. If what you are suggesting is true that will another new thing i learned from you 😀👍

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.