Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Qlik NPrinting Designer can’t find a supported template editor for Excel and PowerPoint

[Edited]

Dear All,

Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR3, or newer, solves this issue and is available for download. Refer to the Release Notes https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-NPrinting-May-2021-SR3/ta-p/1872634#toc-hId-4043113....

Thanks to some conversations with Qlik NPrinting users we discovered that latest version v2109 of Excel and PowerPoint include in Microsoft Office 365 is not working correctly with Qlik NPrinting Designer. The R&D team is working right now to solve at the same time we suggest avoid installing Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint v2109 on the computers you use to edit Qlik NPrinting templates. Please note that Qlik NPrinting uses Microsoft Office only to edit report templates. Instead it is not used to generate reports.

To check the version of Microsoft Office you are using refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-office-what-version-of-office-am-i-using-932788b8-a...

The update history for Microsoft 365 Apps is available at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date

You can also refer to the support article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-NPrinting-can-t-find-supported-reporting-template-edito...

SUGGESTED SOLUTION https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Qlik-NPrinting-Designer-cannot-find-a-support...

Word. PixelPerfect and HTML templates are not affected.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Labels (2)
43 Replies
Supersmurf
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Ruggero! Your post fixed this for one of my desperate clients today. I promised to send you their #bigthanks 🙂

Best regards

Jan

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support
Author

Hi,

The credit for the solution goes to the entire R&D team that is dealing with the issue.

We are still actively working on this issue and your feedback that confirms that the proposed solution solves it are important for us. So please when the solution works, post the confirmation here, or, if you opened a support case, send a message with the confirmation.

Thanks in advance for the cooperation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ALEX1977ALEX
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello 

Hello everyone

We ve got this issue for many month right now...

excel 2016/nprinting may 2021...

i make differents ticket to the support ...

you speak about office 365 but what about excel 2016...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support
Author

Hi,

Microsoft Office 2016 should not be affected by this issue, based on the information we have at the moment. Be sure that you are running a supported version of Microsoft Office. The list is https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Microsoft Office must be installer locally, so try to remove and reinstall it. Do you have issues only in one computer? Can you install Qlik NPrinting Designer in a different PC?

What version of Qlik NPrinting are you using?

Also check the article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/NPrinting-Designer-cannot-find-a-supported-template-editor-W...

Please list the support ticket numbers so we can check them.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
ALEX1977ALEX
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello Ruggero,

i made different ticket with the support since September 2021

Case Details - Qlik Community

or this one

Solved: Re: ACTIVEX Excel - Qlik Community - 1834533

And we already make a skype with the support during 1 hour (october) i don"t remember which helpers

We make differents change , verification .. but anyway

Our configuration:

Excel version office 2016:

Nprinting/server/designer/engine ==>May 2021

we are on Virtual Machine and we cant' change version Excel.(big company)

For your info everything is ok on powerpoint.... but we cannot open the excel template... activex Error

Alex

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support
Author

Hi,

Ok it is something different than the issue discussed here because this is not related to activex error (also because the issue we are speaking here doesn't affect Office 2016). 

Thanks for the links to conversations here but what I would like to check are the support tickets, not the community posts. I hope I'm clear. In any case answer to them if the issue is not solved to notify to the support team. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
ALEX1977ALEX
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Ruggero

ok sorry for my bad request!

But i was been redirect by the team support on this case , it s the reason why!

i give my support case

Thank 

Alex

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support
Author

Hi,

Don't worry, we are here to understand and solve. I also checked your support case and I think a colleague will contact you soon.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Frank_S
Support
Support

The issue is resolved! Please upgrade all NPrinting components to May 2021 SR 3.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

Yes and I edited the first rows of my original article to state that upgrading to May 2021 SR3 solves.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero