Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVR
Creator
Creator

Qlik NPrinting Designer-the remote procedure call failed.

Hello QlikGeeks,

I am getting the following error when i click on the 'Save & Close' option in the NPrinting editor. This is happening only when i am using the PPT template. May I know what is causing this error and How can I fix it?

NP17_Error.PNG

Thanks in Advance,

CVR

Qlik NPrinting  @Frank_S @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@CVR 

This 'generally' means that the NPrinting Engine crashed or the QlikView Desktop where the NPrinting engine runs was forcibly closed.

Restart the NPrinting Engine and other NPrinting services (and or entire computer/computers) as well as your NPrinting server and try again.

It would also be helpful to provide the information requested by @Lech_Miszkiewicz on each support discussion where a specific issue is reported.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Frank_S 

@CVR is using custom ppt file with custom corporate themes. I experienced some limitations when using custom files (for example I had issues creating charts in PPT), but I never had issues when saving.

The recommendation from my side would be to reporoduce the same report, but use/create new PPT template instead of importing one from the existing file.

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Here are a few points from a previous post still to check @CVR

==========================================================================

...ensure that your organization uses the same NP designer for all users who develop reports and make sure that the designer is the same version as the NP server to prevent report corruption. One more thing is to ensure that all windows updates are applied to each NPrinting designer computer to ensure other key requirements ar met.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements_des...

Requirements

These Qlik NPrinting Designer requirements are for configurations where each Qlik NPrinting component is installed on a different computer. If you install more than one component (for example, the server and the engine) on the same computer, the minimum hardware requirements increase.

• Qlik NPrinting Designer must be the same version as Qlik NPrinting Server.
  • .NET framework: 4.7.2 or later
  • etc

==========================================================================

July 13, 2021: Now if the above is met, then it's possible your install of MS office and or NPrinting Designer is damaged.

In this case:

• Uninstall office
  • Uninstall NPrinting
  • Reinstall a supported version of office
  • Reinstall NPrinting Designer with version which matches the NPrinting server version

It is also possible that there might be problem with your windows user profile as well. To test this theory, just log into your computer with a different user if possible and try again.

If the above doesn't solve the issue, I suggest submitting a support request with the Qlik Support desk.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

17 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

At this stage we can see that it is not working for you...

Please spent time building your question so we can replicate the issue, including:

• Providing version of all NPrinting components
  • Version of MsOffice
  • Version of OS used
  • Are you running supported configuration (check https://help.qlik.com)
  • Is this edited from the server or from your PC
  • What is your NPrinting user role?
  • Do you have any add-ins in you Office stack - those would be likely to cause similar issues
  • Template version (fresh/new PPT template or imported PPT file with corporate custom themes embeded)
  • Always provide labels in your post so correct versions of software can be identified

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@CVR 

This 'generally' means that the NPrinting Engine crashed or the QlikView Desktop where the NPrinting engine runs was forcibly closed.

Restart the NPrinting Engine and other NPrinting services (and or entire computer/computers) as well as your NPrinting server and try again.

It would also be helpful to provide the information requested by @Lech_Miszkiewicz on each support discussion where a specific issue is reported.

Kind regards...

CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Lech_Miszkiewicz for the quick response. Below are the details you asked for. 

• Providing version of all NPrinting components----> Qlik NPrinting April 2020. Version: 20.10.2.0
  • Version of MsOffice ------>Microsoft 365 MSO(16.013801.20634) 64-bit
  • Version of OS used--------> Windows 10 Enterprise. OS build 19042.1052
  • Are you running supported configuration (check https://help.qlik.com)-----> Yes
  • Is this edited from the server or from your PC--------> Server with NP Designer
  • What is your NPrinting user role?--------> Developer
  • Do you have any add-ins in you Office stack - those would be likely to cause similar issues-----> No
  • Template version (fresh/new PPT template or imported PPT file with corporate custom themes embeded)--->Imported PPT file with custom themes
  • Always provide labels in your post so correct versions of software can be identified

I am having this issue recently. Before everything was working fine. 

Thanks,

CVR

CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @Frank_S  for the quick response. I am also guessing something like that could be the reason because our Admin team made some changes recently. I will send them your recommendations and hope it will fix the error.

Thank you,

CVR

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Only with this PPT template or also with others?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Glad I could help and thanks for filling the those details @CVR 

CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Only with PPT

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Only with PPT but with all PowerPoint templates or only with this specific template? In the second case it means it is and issue of this template. For example try to create a new template, add the same entities you have in the template with errors one-by-one and run a preview at every step to understand if it is a specific entity that generates the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried your recommendations but the result is same and also I am waiting for the Admin team to perform the steps recommend by @Frank_S . I will update here after the process is done.