Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shrikantm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik NPrinting (Feb 2019 version) not printing On-Demand report with error Cannot add/remove field.

Hi Experts,

We have installed Qlik Sense (Feb 2019) with NPrinting (Feb 2019). I have created one On-demand report (Bundle extension installed successfully in Qlik Feb-2019 version) service which works fine when certain fields are selected. But when I select one particular field from my list of selections, report is not triggered at all. After checking the NPrinting logs, I found below error. This error highlights the exact field, which I am selecting to get the On-demand report, but the report doesn't work. Here's the full extract from NPrinting log file. 

Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine 19.0.4.0 Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.ExceptionHandling.GenericTextExceptionHandler 20190415T124157.413-04:00 ERROR NPRINTING USERNAME 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Unhandled exception in request http://nprintingserver:4996/api/v1/ondemand/requests. ERROR: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.ArgumentException: Cannot add/remove field F\FIELDXXX because it has no values and it is not an override nor a void one↓↓Parameter name: fields↓↓ at Qlik.Printing.Filters.Filter.InternalChecksFilterFields(IEnumerable`1 fields)↓↓ at Qlik.Printing.Filters.Filter.AddFields(IEnumerable`1 fields)↓↓ at Qlik.Printing.Filters.Filter.AddFields(FilterField[] fields)↓↓ at Qlik.NPrinting.WebEngine.Controllers.API.ApiParametersHelper.ToPrintingFilter(ApiFieldSelection apiFieldSelection, Guid connectionGuid) in C:\Jws\release-19.0.x-zkdmPcdlj\server\NPrinting\src\WebEngine\Controllers\API\ApiParametersHelper.cs:line 182↓↓

Let me know if any more details are required.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi

First, check that the dimension/dimension value is valid and working as expected in the QlikView Accesspoint or Qlik Sense hub. ie: if you make a selection on the field in question, does the chart or charts react to the associative filter value(s) you have selected? From your log "...Cannot add/remove field F\FIELDXXX because it has no values". 

• If the dimension is invalid, then you need to seek the App/document developer to resolve the issue in the source app/document.
  • You can also try reloading the NPrinting metadata connection to the app/document and retrying. Reload will update cache app/document object structures in the NPrinting connection cache. Note that any changes to the source app/document require an NP metadata reload in order to update the changes to the NP cache.

Second: note that R&D recently stated that Calculated Dimensions used in QV or QS charts are not supported at the moment. Is your chart using a calculated dimension? If this is the case, the I suggest moving your calculated dimension to the load script so it appears as a basic dimensions to charts and charts used with NPrinting reports.

See article following for additional:  information https://support.qlik.com/articles/000070691

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
shrikantm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you Frank for your reply. 

I have checked and the dimension is valid. It works fine with data selection too. The sense chart shows the values as desired after the field selection. There are no calculated dimensions in that report. The thing is when I include that field as Cycle field for that same Nprinting report, it gives the report in zip format looped over that field correctly. Its just that when i select that field in the dashboard and after pressing On-demand report button nothing happens. Above error is what is shown on the log file. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Ok thanks @shrikantm 

I needed to check those points with you before recommending that you submit a support case for this issue.

Which version of Qlik Sense are you running. Can I also assume Feb. 2019 version? (not the service release version but rather the initial release)

There is a bug related to On Demand reports in the Feb . 2019 version of Qlik Sense. Note that this is solved for most customers in Feb. 2019 SR 1 release of Qlik Sense.

If you are running a version of Qlik Sense older than Nov. 2018, note that this does not meet requirements.

If you've met all the requirements and are running Qlik Sense Feb. 2019 SR 1 in conjunction with NPrinting, I would suggest starting a support case to investigate further.

Note that version of Qlik Sense older than Nov. 2018 release is not supported for use with Qlik Sense On Demand since any On Demand components would have been 3rd party or non Qlik supported versions of the On Demand object ie: GIThub etc.

For more info see the following regarding installation and setup procedures and requirements https://support.qlik.com/articles/000059658

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
shrikantm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Frank,

I am using Feb 2019 Initial Release version and I haven't applied the SR1 patch yet. Do you want me to apply the patch?

Qliksense_version.JPG

Thank you.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @shrikantm 

Yes please do.

Here is the bug information. 

Qlik Sense Nprinting On-Demand extension does not pass specific selections

If the upgrade works that super...if not, you will need to submit a support request as soon as able.

Thank you for your report!

Kind regards...

AdamSawyer
Digital Support
Digital Support

@shrikantm Pleasure talking to you at Qonnections!

Please try the upgraded version and watch the article for updates related to the Bug!

Frank_S
Support
Support

@shrikantm 

We have a recent discovery that might apply to you.

In the sense hub, by making sense app dimension selections that differ from filter dimensions used on an NPrinting report will prevent the report from generating normally with 'request failed' message.

By removing NPrinting report filters, the issue may be resolved.

I suggest temporarily removing the report filter/filters from the NPrinting report and trying the On Demand feature once again.

If this does not work, then it will be necessary to perform the upgrade to April 2019 NP as suggested.