Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giansonn
Creator
Creator

Qlik NPrinting Filter on strings with spaces and numbers not showing any results with "value is"?

Hi all,

This is probably quite an easy question so an opportunity to earn some easy Kudos I hope.

I am doing some basic filtering on my first NPrinting report and I am having trouble with a particular field. This field has spaces in it so I think that is why NPrinting wont accept the "Value is" argument.

Please see image for context:

Giansonn_0-1595258625257.png

This is how my chart looks now:

Giansonn_0-1595327799474.png

If I choose "Numeric value is" I get some data but not all of it and I don't think that is what I want to be doing.

Any help is much appreciated.

Giansonn

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

I have found the issue. The problem was that I coped a previous chart or I didn't copy the data across from the tables node. even though the formulas where the same Qlik Nprinting does not like the data unless it comes straight from the Node, so probably a glitch.

I have now narrowed this down to it being because I copied a previous chart and added the data. This is a glitch then it seems, probably worth flagging to the Qlik Staff @Ruggero_Piccoli would this interest you? I am using NPrinting PowerPoint.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

I would not say is the space - I have some values with spaces.

But it could be the '£' sign.

Have you tried the 'Advanced Search 'option?

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

@robert_mika  I would agree that it could be the £ symbol. How should I use the advanced search? I have tried with the actual string but it does not work.

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

As a bit more background, these items are part of a dual function so they have the dual value of for instance:

Dual('£0 to £2', 1)

I have also tried using the numerical value but I only get half the results as before.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

thats what i thought - typical mistake..If it is dual filter in nprinting needs to be set to "numerical value is" and you should use numerical filters values 

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

Unfortunately this is not showing all of the data 😕

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Which values did you get?

Maybe there are clues there?

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

Here is a picture of the graph with those filters applied:

Giansonn_0-1595327568782.png

Whilst the same graph in NPrinting only shows this:

Giansonn_1-1595327662783.png

The filters are the same (NPrinting uses dual with the numbers)

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

What does the red, blue and green in NPrinting represent?

Which filtered values?

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

They are different categories that are not filtered. i.e. the two graphs should still look the same there is no difference in filtering or data between the two and the filters do not affect these categories.