Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giansonn
Creator
Creator

Qlik NPrinting Filter on strings with spaces and numbers not showing any results with "value is"?

Hi all,

This is probably quite an easy question so an opportunity to earn some easy Kudos I hope.

I am doing some basic filtering on my first NPrinting report and I am having trouble with a particular field. This field has spaces in it so I think that is why NPrinting wont accept the "Value is" argument.

Please see image for context:

Giansonn_0-1595258625257.png

This is how my chart looks now:

Giansonn_0-1595327799474.png

If I choose "Numeric value is" I get some data but not all of it and I don't think that is what I want to be doing.

Any help is much appreciated.

Giansonn

Labels (2)
15 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Are you filtering any data in Qlik or the Chart look like this 'natively'(without any selections)? If they should look the same?

Shall I understand that when you are applying this filter to the chart/table you are getting different values?

BTW. Where is the filter applied? Chart or on report level?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

We are just guessing here - to really answer this question we would need to look at your datamodel, expressions used, filters and variabels applied, make sure your Qlik document is supported and meets all required criteria.

On those 2 screenshots charts look like different charts - looking at axis values, line formatting etc... so I do not really understand what you are doing wrong there, but typical debugging process should start from no selections applied at all and then you should start applying filters and see which ones are not working... based on what you have shawn there is still something wrong. Do you get any warnings in logs? If you dont it is maybe that you are not aware of some filters which are removed by default "clear all" in NPrinting. Maybe you are using unsupported triggers and apply some extra selections which are not supported in NPrinitng? Just throuwing an ideas there as it just does not look right at all.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

@robert_mika I was not aware you could apply a filter on the chart. I used the filters tab on the NPrinting local host

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

I have found the issue. The problem was that I coped a previous chart or I didn't copy the data across from the tables node. even though the formulas where the same Qlik Nprinting does not like the data unless it comes straight from the Node, so probably a glitch.

I have now narrowed this down to it being because I copied a previous chart and added the data. This is a glitch then it seems, probably worth flagging to the Qlik Staff @Ruggero_Piccoli would this interest you? I am using NPrinting PowerPoint.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well well well

🙂

This is not a glitch-this is how Nprinting works. Every time you change something in your source document you need to update metadata, update nodes and if anything has changed it needs to be updated in Nprinting template. 

Nprinting is not going to guess or know what formulas you want to use and what is the source of data-it needs to be explicitly defined. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Giansonn ,

Yeas, please open a support ticket with a link to this conversation and all other details you think that are needed to reproduce the issue. Mention that did you solved and you are sending the ticket for a deeper investigation.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.