Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shi
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik NPrinting Filters

Hi to everyone!

I am struggling to understand how to use filters in Qlik NPrinting,

in particular Advanced Research and Evaluate Value.

For example if I want a range of period for a string field, let's say : YearMonth,

I tried to write these expressions  using Advanced Research:

=Num#(left(YearMonth,4))<=2015

or

=Num#(left(YearMonth,4))<=2017 and Num#(left(YearMonth,4))>=2012

But them didn't work.

Could you someone help me, for that specific question and give me general advices to use  Advanced Research and Evaluate Value. 

I already read the official manual, and saw some videos tutorial.

Thanks a lot!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Shi 

I would begin by testing those expressions inside your Qlik sense app. Do they render the expected results?

Please also check these steps to ensure any syntax used is accurate.

Searching & Selecting Data (qlik.com) (You may need to log in to Qlik to access this informational training

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetAnalysi...

Here is a video (in case you missed it) that describes the advanced search usage within NPrinting.

Also consider this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OxJpDSXkAk

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

mjht
Creator
Creator

@Shi   The video on advanced search that @Frank_S  suggested is excellent.   His suggestion to try the search in your qlik sense app is spot on also.  Here is an example that I ran into myself.  The Beginner's Tutorial app has filters on the Dashboard page for field Year, Quarter, Month etc.  The field in the app is Date.  So I thought in NPrinting I could create a filter looking for specific years.   That app was using autocalendar and when I selected a year in the qlik sense app you could see in the field name in the selections at the top Date.autoCalendar.Year.

mjht_0-1623870359246.png

If I entered < 2013 in the search bar for the Year filter I did not see any results show up but when I entered

< 01/01/2013 then the year 2012 would appear.   

mjht_1-1623870471899.png

So when I wanted to create a search filter expression in NPrinting - I first tried it out in the search bar on my qlik sense app.

In NPrinting, I wanted to get the year 2013 only so I entered this expression for the advanced search filter

>12/31/2012<1/1/2014 and it worked.

mjht_2-1623870700291.png

Another tip is to look in your data model to see how your field is defined - is it numeric, text etc

mjht_3-1623870782391.png

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Shi 

I would begin by testing those expressions inside your Qlik sense app. Do they render the expected results?

Please also check these steps to ensure any syntax used is accurate.

Searching & Selecting Data (qlik.com) (You may need to log in to Qlik to access this informational training

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetAnalysi...

Here is a video (in case you missed it) that describes the advanced search usage within NPrinting.

Also consider this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OxJpDSXkAk

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
mjht
Creator
Creator

@Shi   The video on advanced search that @Frank_S  suggested is excellent.   His suggestion to try the search in your qlik sense app is spot on also.  Here is an example that I ran into myself.  The Beginner's Tutorial app has filters on the Dashboard page for field Year, Quarter, Month etc.  The field in the app is Date.  So I thought in NPrinting I could create a filter looking for specific years.   That app was using autocalendar and when I selected a year in the qlik sense app you could see in the field name in the selections at the top Date.autoCalendar.Year.

mjht_0-1623870359246.png

If I entered < 2013 in the search bar for the Year filter I did not see any results show up but when I entered

< 01/01/2013 then the year 2012 would appear.   

mjht_1-1623870471899.png

So when I wanted to create a search filter expression in NPrinting - I first tried it out in the search bar on my qlik sense app.

In NPrinting, I wanted to get the year 2013 only so I entered this expression for the advanced search filter

>12/31/2012<1/1/2014 and it worked.

mjht_2-1623870700291.png

Another tip is to look in your data model to see how your field is defined - is it numeric, text etc

mjht_3-1623870782391.png

Hope this helps.