Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Become an analytics expert with Qlik's new 15 week course: Applied Data Analytics using Qlik Sense. READ MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shi
Partner
Partner

Qlik NPrinting Filters

Hi to everyone!

I am struggling to understand how to use filters in Qlik NPrinting,

in particular Advanced Research and Evaluate Value.

For example if I want a range of period for a string field, let's say : YearMonth,

I tried to write these expressions  using Advanced Research:

=Num#(left(YearMonth,4))<=2015

or

=Num#(left(YearMonth,4))<=2017 and Num#(left(YearMonth,4))>=2012

But them didn't work.

Could you someone help me, for that specific question and give me general advices to use  Advanced Research and Evaluate Value. 

I already read the official manual, and saw some videos tutorial.

Thanks a lot!

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Shi 

I would begin by testing those expressions inside your Qlik sense app. Do they render the expected results?

Please also check these steps to ensure any syntax used is accurate.

Searching & Selecting Data (qlik.com) (You may need to log in to Qlik to access this informational training

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetAnalysi...

Here is a video (in case you missed it) that describes the advanced search usage within NPrinting.

Also consider this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OxJpDSXkAk

Kind regards...

We are just 'like' you and like to be liked when providing a helpful answer. You may also press the 'Solution Accepted' button if an answer provided resolves your question or issue... Cheers!
mjht
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Shi   The video on advanced search that @Frank_S  suggested is excellent.   His suggestion to try the search in your qlik sense app is spot on also.  Here is an example that I ran into myself.  The Beginner's Tutorial app has filters on the Dashboard page for field Year, Quarter, Month etc.  The field in the app is Date.  So I thought in NPrinting I could create a filter looking for specific years.   That app was using autocalendar and when I selected a year in the qlik sense app you could see in the field name in the selections at the top Date.autoCalendar.Year.

mjht_0-1623870359246.png

If I entered < 2013 in the search bar for the Year filter I did not see any results show up but when I entered

< 01/01/2013 then the year 2012 would appear.   

mjht_1-1623870471899.png

So when I wanted to create a search filter expression in NPrinting - I first tried it out in the search bar on my qlik sense app.

In NPrinting, I wanted to get the year 2013 only so I entered this expression for the advanced search filter

>12/31/2012<1/1/2014 and it worked.

mjht_2-1623870700291.png

Another tip is to look in your data model to see how your field is defined - is it numeric, text etc

mjht_3-1623870782391.png

Hope this helps.