Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasanthanr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik NPrinting Mutliple user groups Filteration

Dear Community,

I need to create Nprinting report and create a publish tasks in order to send mail to multiple branch users along with the "Branch Filters".

500 branches
10 users per branch
single report
Client requirement is that they want to send this one report to all their respective branches and report has to be filtered based on branches.

e.g. same (single) report -> filter by branches -> sent to Xbranch users

e.g. Same (single) report -> filter by branches -> sent to YBranch users

My problem is that If i want to send a report to all 500 branches which has 10 users per branch, then I need to create;

"500 filters
500 replica reports with filters 
1000 users with filters  
500 publish tasks to send email to 500 user groups
kindly let us know best possible solution for this problem.

I urgently require this solution. if any of you cannot understand the question please let me know. I am ready to explain you as far as you can understand

Thanks & Best Regards

Prasanthan

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In Qlik NPrinting filters can be applied to publish tasks, reports, users and objects. 

In your case you have to:

• create the 500 filters manually or by importing them via Excel file 
  • associate the filters to the users manually or via Excel import (the same as the previous step)
  • aggregate users in groups is suggested but not mandatory. You can do also this via Excel import. 
  • create the report template 
  • create the publish task with the report template and users. Each user will receive the report with the filters you associated to the user profile. If you created the groups you can add groups instead of users in the publish task. I suggest to use groups but it is not mandatory. You cannot associate filters to groups.

About how to import users via Excel file refer to the help site.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In Qlik NPrinting filters can be applied to publish tasks, reports, users and objects. 

In your case you have to:

• create the 500 filters manually or by importing them via Excel file 
  • associate the filters to the users manually or via Excel import (the same as the previous step)
  • aggregate users in groups is suggested but not mandatory. You can do also this via Excel import. 
  • create the report template 
  • create the publish task with the report template and users. Each user will receive the report with the filters you associated to the user profile. If you created the groups you can add groups instead of users in the publish task. I suggest to use groups but it is not mandatory. You cannot associate filters to groups.

About how to import users via Excel file refer to the help site.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.