Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleraille
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.LicenseService : licence violation

Hello
I installed NPrinting 2019 SR1 (Server, Engine, Designer) on windows server 2016

-With the user NPadmin (admin role)
-Engine is online
-I checked that the NPrinting license is activated
I created an app and created a connection with OK verification
The Server Connection Stuck On "Generating" and in the nprinting_webengine.log file there is Fatal errror "Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.LicenseService ...... The number of USERS exeed the current license limit (1 found, but 0 allowed)"

I note that there is no usename information for the concerned line. (see the attached file)

Do you have a track to go through this step?
Thanks

23 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @jleraille 

I checked the dev logs and it seems to be a problem with the network service account interaction with the NPrinting Repo Service. I would ask if you could now add the windows system and application logs to a Qlik Support case for further investigation...unless you wish to share that here...keeping in mind that this is a public forum.

If you choose to add those logs here, please filter them to 'critical, errors and warnings' for the time period for which your tests were perform. Use a custom range for example from Monday April 15 to Wed April 17 up to 5 pm.

I noticed also that you are using a "local" computer account ".\NPadmin" to run the 3 NPrinting services. This is actually not a supported configuration since it will cause issues normally for connecting to the QlikView server which by the way should be installed separately on a different computer from the NPrinting server. (I don't think this is the problem in your case since you are using local connection path.)

See the following help for more about this: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accou...

Can you tell us if both QlikView server and NPrinting are installed on the same computer? If yes, this is also not supported. See this help information about this point: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Supported-...

Further using the NPRinting service account to run the QlikView services is also not supported. The NPrinting server requires its own dedicated NP service account that is assigned a Valid User CAL from a PRODUCTION QlikView server (it should not be manually or dynamically leased from at QV TEST server for use with the NPrinting Engine. It must be from a PROD QV server only or a valid QV desktop license)

Again...see the following help for more about this: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accou...

and https://support.qlik.com/articles/000033911

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jleraille
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Frank_s

Thank you for your comments.
To NPrinting installation I followed the Qlik video step by step (or I try)

I do not use QlikView server.
I noticed in Qlik NPrinting Help "If you are installing an instance of Qlik NPrinting Engine on the same computer as the Qlik NPrinting Server, you can use the same Windows user account for all Qlik NPrinting services on that computer."   ?

Can you precise wich windows system and application logs can be an help for analyse  ?

Kind regards

Jacques

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi

You must have experience with Windows administration tools to be able to extract to the logs or at least familiarity with the Windows Event Log viewer. You can find this under Computer Management on your NPrinting server computer.

Please contact your Windows server administrator to assist you with this if you are not certain how to do this...they will be able to provide you with direct assistance.

Here is some help from Microsoft article to assist you with this effort as well.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/302542/how-to-diagnose-system-problems-with-event-viewer-in...

Once you find and open the Windows Event Viewer, you can then filter and export the 'system' and 'application' logs as mentioned earlier. Again, your windows server administrator will be able to assist you with this as well.

Side Note: @jleraille ...as you are the author of this post, I suggest that you simply change the post title/subject to more accurately describe the actual nature of the problem. Should be no need to start a new post for this problem once you update the post title/subject.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jleraille
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Qlik support identified the problem.

NPrinting requirements system needs at least 2 cores.  (It is in the help file...)

My PC is a 4 core but I created a Windows server VM and I did'nt pay attention that default creation was done with 1 core
I recreated my VM with 2 cores, reinstalled NPrinting and actually the connection is ok

Thanks to all