Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErikWetterberg

Qlik NPrinting September 2018 SR2:The SMTP server does not support authentication.

Hi,

I'm trying to send Nprinting (Excel) reports via mail from NPrinting September 2018 SR2. Sening a test mail from the email settings page works fine, but when I used the same (internal) email address in my publish task and run the task I get:

Failed to send e-mail for bucket 22cf612a-1d31-4dab-8a67-aa129082376a to ewt@XXXXX.com. ERROR: The SMTP server does not support authentication.

After that the test email also fails (after a pretty long time):

Email not sent. Check your email configuration.

What could be the problem??

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg
Author

Hi,

Talked to the IT guys and it was really easy:

- disabled TLS

- removed the username to make NPrinting not authenticate

And it works!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Alexis_Touet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Erik, 

I would suggest you contact your Email admins to verify if the account configured in Nprinting is able to send correctly from this server.

Some questions that could be useful.

- Is the account used in NPrinting authorized to send anonymously on your email servers, or does it need to authenticate? If authentication is required, have you tested the account from another email client for example, see if it works?

- what configuration needs to be set in NPrinting to allow the emails to be sent? (port, TLS encryption, server IP or address etc)

- Does your Nprinting server need to be whitelisted on your email servers to allow mails to be sent?

- Does your company use an email software protection like cisco Iron Port for example? If that is the case, can they check if the emails are beeing filtered?

- Can your internal IT find any trace logs about these tests? 

etc...

Nprinting only acts as an email client (e.g outlook), hence the problem is  often  environmental. 

A good way to find this out  could be to create a gmail email account and try to do a test email from it. 

This article may help you to make this test :

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000033729

Hope this can help. 

Best regards, 

Alexis 

Please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct, as it will help other members to find solutions more easily 😉
ErikWetterberg
Author

Hi,

Talked to the IT guys and it was really easy:

- disabled TLS

- removed the username to make NPrinting not authenticate

And it works!

Alexis_Touet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Well done Erik, thanks for sharing the solution !

Best regards, 

Alexis

Please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct, as it will help other members to find solutions more easily 😉