Qlik NPrinting September 2018 SR2:The SMTP server does not support authentication.
I'm trying to send Nprinting (Excel) reports via mail from NPrinting September 2018 SR2. Sening a test mail from the email settings page works fine, but when I used the same (internal) email address in my publish task and run the task I get:
Failed to send e-mail for bucket 22cf612a-1d31-4dab-8a67-aa129082376a to ewt@XXXXX.com. ERROR: The SMTP server does not support authentication.
After that the test email also fails (after a pretty long time):
I would suggest you contact your Email admins to verify if the account configured in Nprinting is able to send correctly from this server.
Some questions that could be useful.
- Is the account used in NPrinting authorized to send anonymously on your email servers, or does it need to authenticate? If authentication is required, have you tested the account from another email client for example, see if it works?
- what configuration needs to be set in NPrinting to allow the emails to be sent? (port, TLS encryption, server IP or address etc)
- Does your Nprinting server need to be whitelisted on your email servers to allow mails to be sent?
- Does your company use an email software protection like cisco Iron Port for example? If that is the case, can they check if the emails are beeing filtered?
- Can your internal IT find any trace logs about these tests?
Nprinting only acts as an email client (e.g outlook), hence the problem is often environmental.
A good way to find this out could be to create a gmail email account and try to do a test email from it.