Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik NPrinting excel report print to PDF. Need formula to display on top of image

Hi everyone

In my Excel NPrinting report which is printed to PDF, I have a full A4 image that the client wants as a background to the cover page. The reason I used Excel and not Pixel Perfect was because of all the tables and pivot tables.

The formula called "ClientName" is reflecting fine when in an excel cell but when I try to put it in a text box (so that I can post it on top of an image and make the background "no colour") it doesn't work.

It looks like I can only display the formula in a cell that is not obstructed by an image. Is this correct?

Does anyone know of any workarounds?

James

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting tags are not replaced with their values when added in text boxes. Do the following:

1. add the formula in an Excel cell, for example in the cell A1
  2. create the text box
  3. with the text box selected insert =$a$1 in the formula bar
  4. run a preview. The tag in A1 will be replaced with its value and also in the text box

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting tags are not replaced with their values when added in text boxes. Do the following:

1. add the formula in an Excel cell, for example in the cell A1
  2. create the text box
  3. with the text box selected insert =$a$1 in the formula bar
  4. run a preview. The tag in A1 will be replaced with its value and also in the text box

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Many thanks Ruggero,

I'm sure this will help someone else too.