Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shi
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik NPrinting sizing image

Hi everybody, 

anyone can advice a good material for Qlik NPrinting?

In particular, I had a problem in understanding how works the sizing of image objects in different templates (Excel, Word), then the strecth parameters. I don't understand how is the relation between Max Width and Max Height, and Data Displayed Height (px) and  Data Displayed Weight (px) with the choice of strecth. I have read the manual and I did many attempts, but still I didn't find a definitive approach. It seems, that to find a good combination of my output I need to try many times different values of the parameters.

In addition, Max Width and Max Height are always in pixel, as Data Displayed Height (px) and  Data Displayed Weight (px)?

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

HI @Shi 

It sounds like you are looking for the following:

Please check this for Sizing Definitions/Image Dimension management.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Image-Dimension-M...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My advice would be:

• avoid using images as much as possible and try to use native chart options where possible
  • Data Displayed Height (px) and  Data Displayed Weight (px) - you need to think about those parameters like about a screen resolution on which picture is rendered before it is exported to image. This is important to understand as Qlik Sense has responsive design of object generation hence often changes the way charts may look (labels may disapear or values on axis etc....)
  • Other parameters are the size of the generated image which should in my opinion have the same x:y proportions so the image is not distorted

Cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Shi
Author

Hi  @Frank_S , thanks for the link, but I have read already that one, and still It's not clear.

Shi
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

sorry what do you mean with "avoid using images as much as possible and try to use native chart options where possible"?

Thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Shi 
To be honest, I'm am not clear about what you are not clear about.

If the link I shared is not enough, try it this way.

Tell us what your requirement is by sharing...

1. Version of Qlik Sense
  2. Version of NPrinting
  3. Steps to reproduce the issue (in great detail for each separate question, issue)
  4. Expected results of your image output (show image or mockup)
  5. Actual results of your image output (show image or mockup)

Also it seems you have multiple questions (which apparently our documentation do not answer for you. Please try to provide a clearer explanation of your separate issues/questions so we can try to help you.

If you can answer these, then perhaps we can try to provide you with a solution or answer.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What i meant was that if you are using for example excel template instead of bringing in chart images from qlik sense i would bring data which makes that chart and use excel charts to build visualisation

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.