Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Purushothaman
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik NPrintning - Port 4242 is not Open

Hi,

I have installed Qlik Nprinting Feb 2021 SR1, All my Qlik Services are running, however when I checked Inside Qlik Nprinting server the port 4242 is not open. How to rectify this issue?

Because of this I couldn't able to establish connection between Qlik sense and Qlik Nprinting, Please help.

Purushothaman_0-1627366457756.pngPurushothaman_1-1627366482638.png

Labels (2)
15 Replies
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @Purushothaman 

Please follow the below article:

Unable to connect to Qlik Sense app from NPrinting

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Purushothaman
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @PadmaPriya ,

As per my IT admin, port 4242 is not listening on QlikNprinting Server. Thus your telnet/test-netconnection will fail.

Purushothaman_0-1627367394452.png

Any Troubleshooting ways to open port 4242.

PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Your IT admin will have to open the port 4242 or may be Antivirus or Firewall is blocking it.

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Purushothaman
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @PadmaPriya 

As per my IT Team, port is 4242 is open by their end. Even We turned off anti virus. Tried. Still connection failed.

Purushothaman_0-1627368402663.png

Please help me to resolve the issues. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Purushothaman  & @PadmaPriya 

I think you are checking wrong things guys

Port 4242 needs to be open inbound and outbound on Qlik Sense server to allow communication with NPrinting. Checking it on NPrinting server does not make any sense - why would you do that as there is nothing listening on that port on NPrinting box.

Please check the help document for the ports required.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Purushothaman
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thank you for your response. I have checked 4242 is opened on Qlik Sense Server both inbound and outbound. Below are the images, but still I couldn't able to establish connection between Qlik Nprinting and Qlik Sense.

Purushothaman_0-1627373017250.png

Purushothaman_1-1627373052718.pngPurushothaman_2-1627373081250.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm#ancho... to connect Qlik Sense with Qlik NPrinting the port 4242 must be opened outbound on Qlik NPrinting Engines computers and inbound on Qlik Sense servers. Then the details of the configuration depends on your local infrastructure, your firewalls or antivirus etc. We can give you only the requirement that need to be met.

Best Regards,

ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you exported and installed qlik sense certificates as its required?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Purushothaman
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Thanks for your reply. Can you help on how to check if port 4242 is opened outbound on Qlik NPrinting Engines computers?

I'm stuck with these part. Any powershell command to check this? Please help me!!!