Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umartareen
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Nprinting 17.3 Login issue

Hi,

I installed Nprinting 17.3 server and when trying to open its console, an authentication window pops up as seen in the image below. No matter what admin credentials are entered, it does not authenticate.

Could you please let me know what could be the reason behind this?

Thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is the normale Qlik NPrinting login screen.

You must enter the credentials you created during the installation process. If it is the first time you are loggin in you can uninstall Qlik NPrinting and install it again by having great attention during the installation wizard so you can keep note of the credentials you insert.

If this is not the first time you login and your installation has entities (like report templates) that you want to keep you cannot uninstall it. In this case open a support ticket and the support guys will help you directly.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

whiteymcaces
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Umar,

I had the same issue until I started reading the log files and saw an error "Form login failed, invalid credentials for email NPadmin". I tried logging in using the email address I entered during installation, and it worked.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
umartareen
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi bbt‌.

Could you please throw some light on this?

Thanks

rubenmarin

Hi umar, have you tried setting email address as user? Or using the 'Windows Login' blue button

umartareen
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruben,

I had provided a username while installing and it had also prompted for an email id, which I provided. However, it does not work no matter what I enter.

Even if "Windows Login" option is clicked, it asks for credentials and when credentials are entered, doesn't authenticate either !!

Could you please help

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is the normale Qlik NPrinting login screen.

You must enter the credentials you created during the installation process. If it is the first time you are loggin in you can uninstall Qlik NPrinting and install it again by having great attention during the installation wizard so you can keep note of the credentials you insert.

If this is not the first time you login and your installation has entities (like report templates) that you want to keep you cannot uninstall it. In this case open a support ticket and the support guys will help you directly.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
umartareen
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Yes this is the first time I am logging in right after its installation. I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times just to make sure the User name is correct but to no help.

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you restored a Qlik NPrinting backup from another installation before to try to login?

If the answer is no please:

1 - Try to install a more recent version and try to reproduce the issue.

2 - If you are able to reproduce the issue with latest version (April 2018) please open a support ticket and include log files

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
umartareen
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, thank you for the response.

I tried installing April 2018, but it failed to install with an error. The same happened when I later tried with February 2018 as well. Could you please shed some light

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The information "failed to install with an error" is too generic to be able to help you.We need more details like some screenshots and complete log files to start to investigate.

If you cannot share these details here, please open a support ticket.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
whiteymcaces
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Umar,

I had the same issue until I started reading the log files and saw an error "Form login failed, invalid credentials for email NPadmin". I tried logging in using the email address I entered during installation, and it worked.