Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balajitnv230
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Nprinting, Chart Representation issue in Pixelperfect template.

Hi,

I have incorporated a pie chart object built in Qlik Sense application in Nprinting Pixel Perfect template. I have not used any native chart in Nprinting.

The issue is when there is no data for any particular entity I am getting the following message "The chart is not displayed because it contains only negative or zero values".
what I am trying to achieve here is that in case there is no data, no such messages should be displayed in the report. It should be blank or I want to have a customized message to be displayed such as "No data submitted"
Can someone please assist on priority?

Thanks,

Balaji

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Balajitnv230 

I suggest that you check this article in case some unsupported condition exists such as usage of "chart suggestions" to create Qlik Sense chart object or similar.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am guessing in your report you are creating screnario where your charts are not able to generate visualisation. When you apply certain selections directly in Qlik Sense you will get exactly the same message, right?

If so - your problem is not related to NPrinting, as NPrinting is reflecting the actual truth from Qlik Sense. 

What you are experiencing is typically present when you are using fields as levels, which causes NPrinitng to run through all possible combinations of values in such fields which in turn may not be possible when showing as chart. Alternative usually is to create a table chart and use it as a source for level which will only create possible combination of records which do contain data causing chart to render properly.

Custom message on Qlik Sense chart cannot be changed in NPrinting and is not even part of the NPrinting.

hope this clarifies it little bit for you. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

I answered to this question last Friday but, for some reasons I don't know, my post was not published. Sorry for the delay.

When you create a level using a field you will have a band for each distinct value of that field, also if the content you insert in that band has no data. Instead I suggest you to create a straight table in the source app by using that field and a measure that has data like the chart in order to have a row in that table only for the values of the field that you want to see in the generated report. Regenerate the connection cache, close and reopen the Designer and use that straight table to create the level. In this way you will have a band for each row of the table so no bands with empty charts will be generated.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Balajitnv230 

I suggest that you check this article in case some unsupported condition exists such as usage of "chart suggestions" to create Qlik Sense chart object or similar.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am guessing in your report you are creating screnario where your charts are not able to generate visualisation. When you apply certain selections directly in Qlik Sense you will get exactly the same message, right?

If so - your problem is not related to NPrinting, as NPrinting is reflecting the actual truth from Qlik Sense. 

What you are experiencing is typically present when you are using fields as levels, which causes NPrinitng to run through all possible combinations of values in such fields which in turn may not be possible when showing as chart. Alternative usually is to create a table chart and use it as a source for level which will only create possible combination of records which do contain data causing chart to render properly.

Custom message on Qlik Sense chart cannot be changed in NPrinting and is not even part of the NPrinting.

hope this clarifies it little bit for you. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

I answered to this question last Friday but, for some reasons I don't know, my post was not published. Sorry for the delay.

When you create a level using a field you will have a band for each distinct value of that field, also if the content you insert in that band has no data. Instead I suggest you to create a straight table in the source app by using that field and a measure that has data like the chart in order to have a row in that table only for the values of the field that you want to see in the generated report. Regenerate the connection cache, close and reopen the Designer and use that straight table to create the level. In this way you will have a band for each row of the table so no bands with empty charts will be generated.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.