Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Nprinting Engine could not be installed

Hi,

I can't install Qlik Nprinting Engine September 2019, every time I received message with following issue:

QlikNprintingEngine could not be installed. Verify that you have suffidend previleges to install system services.

How can I solve this issue

Thanks,

Vitalii

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

It is likely that you are using a different user account to install the NPrinting Engine than the original account used to install with.

1. Ensure that the new NP service account is a member of the local administrators group

2. The NP service account should have 'log on as a service' local security policy user right assignment granted to it.

3. Follow the steps in the following article: Qlik NPrinting Engine Installation Fails with 0x80070001 Incorrect Function https://support.qlik.com/articles/000080199

If this does not resolve the issue I recommend submitting a support ticket with the Qlik Support desk or your Qlik Support partner.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Frank,

Thank you for answer, I've checked trusted certificates, but didn't see NPrinting-CA in the list.

Today I updated Nprinting Server on the test server to version September 2019 and then Nprinting Engine without any problems.

Then I saw that Engine is offline (we have this issue for a few weeks), as I know it was caused by incorrect user, so I stopped Engine service and uninstall Nprinting Engine, after this I started installation with new user, but every time I got an issue. I added user to the local administrators group, but not sure that he has 'log on as a service' security policy.

Thanks,

Vitalii

Frank_S
Support
Support

If you are able to install the engine now but it is still offline, check the following instructions:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000059277

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I can't install the engine now. This service user has ";" in the password, so maybe it's a problem.

Thanks,

Vitalii

vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I've created a new user which is a member of Administrator group, has security policy "Log on as service" and password without special symbols, but still can't install Nprinting Engine. 

BTW,  account of previous service user is expired. So maybe, Nprinting Engine can't be installed because uninstall process didn't delete all files related to previous service user. 

In this case how can I find all of those files?

Thanks,

Vitalii 

Frank_S
Support
Support

You need to go back and check the first article again to remove the certificate mentioned in the workaround section of that article....given that you've tried the install a number of times, the certificate mentioned therein may have been installed again. 

Qlik NPrinting Engine Installation Fails with 0x80070001 Incorrect Function https://support.qlik.com/articles/000080199

• Open "Manage computer certificates" from the Windows search bar
  • Go to Trusted root Certification Authorities then delete the certificate NPrinting-CA

...and follow the remaining steps in the article as well to ensure the engine comes online.

If this does not work for you, then you 'may' be encountering and unexpected new defect. As such I would recommend starting a support case with the Qlik Support desk or your Qlik Support partner so that a closer look into the problem can be managed directly with you.

vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Frank,

Today I tried to install Nprinting Engine and I did it. Looks like it's important to restart the server to apply all changes(user and group policy).

Thank you for your help!

Thanks,

Vitalii