Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Nprinting montlhy report fails to load

Hi

I am using Qliksense Nprinting to  generate reports on monthly basis. I have set a trigger for every month 10th to receive the report to my mail. It was working fine for more than 6 months. Now suddenly I receive the report without fully loaded. I don't know what is the issue, I try to see the preview again in Nprinting, and it's the same, full report is not getting loaded. I can just see the loading symbol. 

Any help please. 

qlikuser22_0-1626072339576.png

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

those dont look like supported Qlik Sense objects in NPrinting (they are likely to be unsupported extensions, so it is expected that thay may break at any time). The fact that it worked but now suddenly stopped does not matter - they are unsupported and thats it.

If, I am wrong and you expect to see some supported objects there then please provide following:

- the exact version of Qlik Sense

- types of objects you are expecting to see in it

- if those objects have calculated dimensions - can you share how complex they are

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am using the entire sheet in qlik printing. Also I apply filters for individual sheet. The filter I use are

=[Date] >= MonthStart(Today(), -13) and [Date] < MonthStart(Today())

The qliksense Nprinting version : Qlik Nprinting June 2020 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What about objects used on the sheets - are they native Qlik Sense objects or extensions - If they are extensions then they are likely not supported...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I would like to add a check to Franks and Lech's suggestions. If you apply that filter directly in the source Qlik Sense app do you see the correct data?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi 

Yes, if I apply the filter directly in qliksense app, I can see the data. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Ok, please check if you are using unsupported objects (listed in details at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...) or using unsupported third party exstensions https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/MultiDocument/Using-Sense-third-part....

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@qlikuser22 

Can you tell us:

• Has Qlik Sense been upgraded recently?
  • Have there been any back end changes that you  may not be aware of having taken place to either the NPrinting or Qlik Sense environments?
  • Is this the only report affected?
  • NPrinting you stated is June 2020 SR 1. What version of Qlik Sense are you running? Keep in mind the following from this link 

Please check with your IT team to ensure the minimum requirements for your Dashboard and Visualization bundles used with respect to NPrinting On Demand reporting, are met.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks. I have vizlib objects in my sheets. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There you go - extensions objects 🙂 

Vizlib..... sorry, in this case you need to talk to Vizlib guys - there is nothing we can do in NPrinting to get that fixed. It is their extension which is not working correctly with NPrinting. 

If you replace Vizlib objects with regular (native) Qlik Sense objects everything will work ok. 

I know it might be tough to hear that, but my honest opinion is to stay away from any form of supported or unsupported extensions. Sooner or later there is always compatibility issue and this is just another example that it is a case. I learned my lesson hard way and now I know that if you want to have working NPrinting repors you need to stay with native Qlik Sense objects only - and only in such scenario you are really covered by Qlik support. Now you have Vizlib to battle with.

Try to open support ticket with them and lets see what they say.