Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Nprinting repository timestamp issue!

Hi,

We have extracted data from Nprinting repository into a QlikView document but we are facing issues with"last_login_attempt" and "Last_logout" fileds.

When we login to Nprinting using Qlik Nprinting credentials there is no issue in timestamp.

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

However when we use single-sign-on (Windows login) we get a timestamp format that is not correct.

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Anyone know how to format this or is there an issue that needs to be reported to QlikTech as a bug?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

here is the topic I was referring to, but It will not fully answer your question as it does not contain logout time:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Find-the-total-unique-visitors-per-month/m-...

as per this support articles, logout time is not captured at all for Windows login so it may be that you are seeking not feasible solution:

As it is mentioned in one of those support articles this is improvement request and has been already logged

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

how those records look like when you use pgadmin to query them?

since you have loaded it to Qlik, you could already alter values during load, so before going any further i would be interested to see what is in postgresql

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II
Author

In the postgresql db it looks like this:

Capture.PNG

I would guess that -infinity  represents 30.12.429495...…

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There you go. 
now the question is what kind of records table you are querying should have... maybe the intend is to register in it only logins using nprinti g login. 
on the other hand login times captured properly  (also using ntlm) are in log files. 

there was a topic on community i answered few days ago regarding this

Sahal
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If your topic that you answer a few days ago contains information on how to capture login/out times for Nprinting users using single-sign-on  are you able to link to that topic? , would be helpful.

If not then i'm assuming that you don't know a workaround for my issue, and if no one else has stumbled into this issue i will Contact QlikTech in a few days,.

Thank you.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

here is the topic I was referring to, but It will not fully answer your question as it does not contain logout time:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Find-the-total-unique-visitors-per-month/m-...

as per this support articles, logout time is not captured at all for Windows login so it may be that you are seeking not feasible solution:

As it is mentioned in one of those support articles this is improvement request and has been already logged