Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willian_goncalv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense Certificate instalation for NPrinting 17

Hello folks,

I'm with trouble trying to install Qlik Sense certificate in a NPrinting Server, using the QmcCertificateInstaller.exe.

I followed the tutorial (exported the certificate from Qlik Sense, using the nprinting server name, without a password, with secret key):

export.png

But when I go to the QMCCertificatesInstaller, It keep giving me the same error message.

Install the client.pfx certificate...

>>> There was a problem installing the certificate. Please be sure the certificate is NOT password protected.
>>> Aborting the operation.

(Press ENTER)

What's odd is that if I try to install it using a local user, the installation goes fine. But when I try using the domain user (the same that is used in the Engine Service), this error keep happening.

Is there a manual way to install this certificate to the domain user? Or is there a log file of this "QmcCertificatesIntaller" with details about the error?

I've tried to export and install from many diferent ways (even reinstalled NPrinting) but it doesnt work.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
willian_goncalv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

SOLVED.

The Qlik Sense server and the NPrinting server were in a DMZ network (read only). For some reason they couldn't use the AD users properly. We changed them to an internal network  (read and write) and the certification was installed.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well firtst thing i noticed is that you should export certificate for your QlikSense server/host name (not nprinting server name).
If you are using the same server for both, then it is not supported configuration!

Cheers
Lech
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

and i would use help document as a reference for all steps to be taken care of:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-w...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
willian_goncalv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

The problem persists...using a local user, folloinwg the help document, the certificates are intalled. But when I change to the domain user, following the same steps it gives me that error.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Please check the following requirements to ensure you have configured your servers correctly.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accou...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-req...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Supported-...

I am suspecting that the user account used to run the NP service may not be fully configured as per above given the information you have provided in the discussion. Once the above requirements are met, NPrinting and your QS or QV server are installed on dedicated computers in the same domain and the NP service account is also in the same domain, importing the certificate while logged on as the domain service account should work. (but again, the domain service account needs to be configured correctly as per the points above for it to work as  expected).

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
willian_goncalv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

SOLVED.

The Qlik Sense server and the NPrinting server were in a DMZ network (read only). For some reason they couldn't use the AD users properly. We changed them to an internal network  (read and write) and the certification was installed.

Thanks for the help.