Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Engine not reachable from NPrinting Engine

Hi,

I am trying to connect a NPrinting Engine with a Sense Engine. I followed all instructions. But I get one last error:

nprint_error.JPG

The log says:

*** PerformDiagnosis found a problem: Valid Sense Engine qlik-sense is not reachable on port 4747

After reading a lot here in the community, I validated the following things:

• I installed again the certificates with the machine_name.windows_domain_name
  • I opened only for testing all ingoing ports on the sense machine and all outgoing ports on sense machine
  • Both machines are in the same Windows domain
  • Qlik Sense and NPrinting both running with the same domain user:

qlik_services.JPG

nprint_services.JPG

• the Winddows domain user has RootAdmin rights:

qlik_user.JPG

• From the NPrinting machine I can also open the Qlik Sense Hub and the app, I can export data from there and so on.
  • I restarted both machines multiple times.
  • I added the NPrinting machine name (with and without domain name), the proxy address and the ip addresses of both machines to the White List of the virtual proxy of Qlik Sense.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be?

24 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Good! I supposed there was a problem in the connection that is different than a firewall setting.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
anna_
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem at the moment, NPrinting was working fine with our Qlik Sense, but suddenly since a month I always get the error message for  "All Qlik Sense engines are reachable from the Qlik NPrinting Engine computers." when trying to reload the metadata or set up a new connection.

In the log it says: Failed to open a resolver for connection navigator=qliksense 

Firewalls are disabled on both the QS-Server as well as the NPrinting Server.

I've already opened a support ticket a month ago, but well, no helpful answer from them so far....

Did you solve your problem and if yes, what was it?

Would be happy to hear from you!

Many regards,

Anna

witty
Contributor III
Contributor III

We are having the same exact issue - tested firewall, checked ports on the console, doubled checked users...

Any better resolution on this? Tips?

Frank_S
Support
Support

If the ports are opened as per below between NP server and QS server then I would next check your proxy/virtual proxy to determine if any of the default ports/advanced config settings have been changed.

http://rd-docloc.rdlund.qliktech.com/LD/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprint...

Keep in mind that you also need your network/AWS/Azure firewalls to allow the required NPrinting port communication and not just the ports on your Qlik Sense and NPrinting server computers.

I suggest starting a support case with your Qlik support partner or the Qlik Support desk if needed so a closer look at your NPrinting and possibly your Qlik Sense logs.

I've copied the port exclusions below for your convenience.

Firewall rules

These ports need to be open inbound on the Qlik NPrinting Server to allow access from web browsers and Qlik NPrinting Designer:

These ports need to be open inbound on the Qlik Sense server, and outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and Qlik NPrinting Engines:

This port needs to be open outbound on Qlik NPrinting Engines if Qlik NPrinting scheduler service and Qlik NPrinting Engine are installed on different machines:

This port needs to be open inbound on the Qlik NPrinting scheduler service if Qlik NPrinting scheduler service and Qlik NPrinting Engine are installed on different machines:

This port needs to be open inbound on QlikView Management Server (QMS), if a cluster is used:

This port needs to be open outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and inbound on all Qlik NPrinting Engines:

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
witty
Contributor III
Contributor III

The machines in question are on the same VPC, all connections allowed. We have added firewall rules, disabled firewalls, etc no awail.

both other users posted the same scenario and questioning and never had a successful comment to try something else than a firewall @cpalbrecht  did you ever get this resolved?

Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 19.19.4.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QlikSenseDiagnose 20190710T235929.900+00:00 ERROR <machine> 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 PerformDiagnosis found a problem. ERROR: System.Exception: Valid Sense Engine <machine> is not reachable on port 4747. ↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QlikSenseDiagnose.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.b__10()↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QlikSenseDiagnose.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.b__0(DiagnoseStep step, Action proc)

witty
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filed a case 01681323 

Frank_S
Support
Support

@witty 

Did you notice my very first comment about checking if your default port configurations on QS have changed?

"If the ports are opened as per below between NP server and QS server then I would next check your proxy/virtual proxy to determine if any of the default ports/advanced config settings have been changed."

If your any of your logs indicate that certain ports are not reachable  then something may have been changed on your QS server.

Again, I suggest checking that and if nothing has changed there, to start a support ticket to have this investigated further.

Once you receive assistance and a resolution from a member of our team, it would be greatly appreciated if you could return to this thread and mentioned what the resolution is. 

Note that resolutions may be different for each different site due to domain or other security requirements and perhaps the use of multi-domains in an NP and Qlik Sense deployment (which is actually not supported). As a result there may be different solutions for the same reported error for different organizations.

Thank you...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
witty
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Frank_S ,

we did check and yes the ports on the QS are the default and have not changed (4747, 4243, 4242)

if we ever find out what it was i definitely will publish this here.

we have checked the admin user on nprinting has access to the app in question via the QS hub; he has a capacity license applied.

does it matter that the QS has a signed JWT license key for analyzer capacity and the NPrinting one has a legacy one (license key and control number)?

is it an issue that we started in a workgroup and then joined the QS server to the domain (we set up an AD just for NPrinting) as generally we manage users with a custom solution so have no need for the AD - NPrinting forced us to setup an AD (which btw is not amazing)

we have all the same ticks on the connection test as the first post in this thread and did the same powershell / cmd ping to 4747

Frank_S
Support
Support

@witty 

We can't be certain until we have a closer look.

However yes if you are using a later version of Qlik Sense, the License model 'might' be having an impact. (I don't think the QS JWT cert should be a problem.)

Check this article re: the license model and QS April 2019 SR 1 https://support.qlik.com/articles/000076435

In the meantime, you can also a check the following article as well to double check the additional points that might help to resolve this as well.

How to Resolve the NPrinting 17+ platform verification errors

If the above doesn't help, please defer to the support case you submitted going forward until a resolution is found. Once that process is complete, if you could then please return here and share the solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards...

anna_
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

here an update from my side: After two months searchng for the reason why the engine can't connect, I finally uninstalled NPrinting and re-installed it from Scratch - now it works again.

Sorry I can't give you any better advice.

Anna