Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Engine not reachable from NPrinting Engine

Hi,

I am trying to connect a NPrinting Engine with a Sense Engine. I followed all instructions. But I get one last error:

nprint_error.JPG

The log says:

*** PerformDiagnosis found a problem: Valid Sense Engine qlik-sense is not reachable on port 4747

After reading a lot here in the community, I validated the following things:

• I installed again the certificates with the machine_name.windows_domain_name
  • I opened only for testing all ingoing ports on the sense machine and all outgoing ports on sense machine
  • Both machines are in the same Windows domain
  • Qlik Sense and NPrinting both running with the same domain user:

qlik_services.JPG

nprint_services.JPG

• the Winddows domain user has RootAdmin rights:

qlik_user.JPG

• From the NPrinting machine I can also open the Qlik Sense Hub and the app, I can export data from there and so on.
  • I restarted both machines multiple times.
  • I added the NPrinting machine name (with and without domain name), the proxy address and the ip addresses of both machines to the White List of the virtual proxy of Qlik Sense.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be?

24 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

For those of you still experiencing this issue, check and perform the following steps:

Check for the following NPrinting logging error found in the NPrinting Engine log: Error: The remote name could not be resolved: 'myqliksenseserver'
-For this error, you need to ensure that the NPrinting server is added to the Qlik Sense server whitelist
-Also make sure to add the Qlik Sense server to trusted sites on the NPrinting server internet options: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with...
-Disable Enhanced IE security on the NP server as per the following steps in this link: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/np-supported-b...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Fred
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I am experiencing the same error: Qlik Sense Engine not reachable from NPrinting Engine.
NPrinting version june 2019 installed on AWS environment.

One VPC, one domain, all internal connections allowed, all necessary firewall rules.
Disabling firewalls did not solve anything.
Port 4747 is open, I did the the Netstat -TestConnection.
Qlik Sense and NPrinting are reachable from both servers.

So exactly the same situation/problem as the other users in this topic.

In the NPrinting logs I also find Error: The remote name could not be resolved: 'myqliksenseserver'

@Frank_S  What do you mean exactly with the Qlik Sense Server Whitelist?
I guess Host Whitelist under virtual proxy in the QMC?
I tried adding the servernames, public ip's, private ip's,...  and following your other steps but this did not solve the issue for me.

Frank_S
Support
Support

If the specific Qlik Sense proxy white list changes you mentioned didn't work, then I suggest checking with your Network/DNS server administrator to determine if there are any issues with the DNS records for both NPrinting and or Qlik Sense server. If they come back with no issues to report, then I suggest that you start support request so that we can have a more thorough look into the issue directly with you.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Fred
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

After some more investigating I found out that my error was caused by the Qlik Sense certificates.

I used the exported Qlik Sense certificates in NPrinting.
The "issued to" for this certificate was appareantly not the FQDN.
Changing the Qlik Sense hostname to the FQDN solved this issue and removed the Sense Enigne/ port 4747 not reachable Error.

A bit confusing it triggers the "Sense Engine not reachable error".
I would expect it to trigger "the  installed certificates are valid to connect to Qlik Sense", which (wrongly?) received a green check mark.

Frank_S
Support
Support

For those following this conversation, please note that the solution mentioned is also a current solution in the following article regarding the FQDN usage.

NPrinting Verification process does not capture certificate FQDN mismatch in turn resulting in GRPC errors: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000073482