Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Engine not reachable from NPrinting Engine

Hi,

I am trying to connect a NPrinting Engine with a Sense Engine. I followed all instructions. But I get one last error:

nprint_error.JPG

The log says:

*** PerformDiagnosis found a problem: Valid Sense Engine qlik-sense is not reachable on port 4747

After reading a lot here in the community, I validated the following things:

• I installed again the certificates with the machine_name.windows_domain_name
  • I opened only for testing all ingoing ports on the sense machine and all outgoing ports on sense machine
  • Both machines are in the same Windows domain
  • Qlik Sense and NPrinting both running with the same domain user:

qlik_services.JPG

nprint_services.JPG

• the Winddows domain user has RootAdmin rights:

qlik_user.JPG

• From the NPrinting machine I can also open the Qlik Sense Hub and the app, I can export data from there and so on.
  • I restarted both machines multiple times.
  • I added the NPrinting machine name (with and without domain name), the proxy address and the ip addresses of both machines to the White List of the virtual proxy of Qlik Sense.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fred
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

After some more investigating I found out that my error was caused by the Qlik Sense certificates.

I used the exported Qlik Sense certificates in NPrinting.
The "issued to" for this certificate was appareantly not the FQDN.
Changing the Qlik Sense hostname to the FQDN solved this issue and removed the Sense Enigne/ port 4747 not reachable Error.

A bit confusing it triggers the "Sense Engine not reachable error".
I would expect it to trigger "the  installed certificates are valid to connect to Qlik Sense", which (wrongly?) received a green check mark.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on your message and the error description here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/Troubleshooting/Verify-connection-to-Sense-e... you did everything correct.

Do you have a multi-node Qlik Sense installation? If yes check that the firewall is open on all computers with Qlik Sense Engine.

Was the connection cache generated? Did you try to generate it?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator
Author

Cache status is Error.

I have a Single Node Installation for Qlik Sense. Qlik Sense and Nprinting are both the latest version.

I had Qlik Sense before. For NPrinting I configured another Windows Server and I created a Windows domain. After that, I added the existing Qlik Sense Windows machine to that domain. So Qlik Sense was not in a domain before. Could that be a problem? Something with windows user and so on?

After trying to generate the cache, the NPrinting Engine Log says:

Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 1.0.0.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.QlikSenseDiagnose 20180611T144234.989+00:00 ERROR QLIK-NPRINT 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 *** PerformDiagnosis found a problem: Valid Sense Engine qlik-sense is not reachable on port 4747.

Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 1.0.0.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.SenseNavigator 20180611T144327.879+00:00 ERROR QLIK-NPRINT 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Failed to initialize Sense Navigator. ERROR: Qlik.Sense.JsonRpc.CommunicationErrorException: Connection failed after 4 attempts. Error message:↓↓  No such host is known↓↓  No such host is known↓↓  No such host is known↓↓  No such host is known↓↓   at Qlik.Engine.Communication.QlikConnection.AwaitResponseTask(T task, String methodName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓   at Qlik.Engine.Communication.QlikConnection.Ping(Nullable`1 noVersionCheck)↓↓   at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.Hub(ILocation location, ISession session, Nullable`1 noVersionCheck)↓↓   at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.GetAppIdentifiers(ILocation location, Nullable`1 noVersionCheck)↓↓   at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.AppWithIdOrDefault(ILocation location, String appId, Nullable`1 noVersionCheck)↓↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.SenseNavigator.OpenApp()↓↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.SenseNavigator..ctor(QlikSenseConnectionString connectionString, RenderingManager renderingManager)

Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 18.9.5.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.ConnectionResolvers 20180611T144327.880+00:00 WARN QLIK-NPRINT 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Failed to open a resolver for connection navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://qlik-sense.qlikaws.domain.internal/;appid=0e3e54a6-858a-4346-ab10-7b75ac2b3316;identity=QLIK.... ERROR: Qlik.Sense.JsonRpc.CommunicationErrorException: Connection failed after 4 attempts. Error message:↓↓  No such host is known↓↓  No such host is known↓↓  No such host is known↓↓  No such host is known↓↓↓↓Server stack trace: ↓↓   at Qlik.Engine.Communication.QlikConnection.AwaitResponseTask(T task, String methodName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓   at Qlik.Engine.Communication.QlikConnection.Ping(Nullable`1 noVersionCheck)↓↓   at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.Hub(ILocation location, ISession session, Nullable`1 noVersionCheck)↓↓   at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.GetAppIdentifiers(ILocation location, Nullable`1 noVersionCheck)↓↓   at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.AppWithIdOrDefault(ILocation location, String appId, Nullable`1 noVersionCheck)↓↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.SenseNavigator.OpenApp()↓↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.SenseNavigator..ctor(QlikSenseConnectionString connectionString, RenderingManager renderingManager)↓↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.SenseNavigatorFactory.GetSenseNavigator(QlikSenseConnectionString connectionString)↓↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.QlikSenseContentNavigator.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0(ISenseNavigatorFactory nf)↓↓   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()↓↓   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)↓↓   at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.QlikSenseContentNavigator..ctor(QlikSenseConnectionString connectionString, IEnumerable`1 navigatorFactories)↓↓   at lambda_method(Closure , Object[] )↓↓   at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate()↓↓↓↓Exception rethrown at [0]: ↓↓   at System.ExceptionExtensions.RethrowInnerException(Exception this, Boolean ifInnerExceptionIsNullRethrowThis) in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Qlik\Qlik.Reporting.Common\System\ExceptionExtensions.cs:line 264↓↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.ContentResolverFactory.Get(Guid engineId, String connectionString, IRequestBuffer buffer, Int32 initialMaxBatchSize, CancellationToken cancToken) in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Engine\Consumer\ContentResolverFactory.cs:line 34↓↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.ConnectionResolvers.TryOpenResolver(Int32 initialMaxBatchSize, CancellationToken cancToken) in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Engine\Consumer\ConnectionResolvers.cs:line 252

cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator
Author

The hostname of the Qlik Sense node is not the full computer_name.windows_domain_name. Its only the computer name. Could that be the issue?

qlik_node.JPG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The log says "Valid Sense Engine qlik-sense is not reachable on port 4747.", so I suggest to check again the firewall settings.

Just to try, you could disable the firewall on both Qlik Sense Engine computer and Qlik NPrinting Engine computer and see what happens. After you can switch on the firewall again.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator
Author

That is also not working 😕

qlik_firewall.JPG

cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator
Author

But as I said before, when I am creating the cache status, in the log I can find:

Failed to open a resolver for connection navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://qlik-sense.qlikaws.domain.internal/;appid=0e3e54a6-858a-4346-ab10-7b75ac2b3316;identity=QLIK.... ERROR: Qlik.Sense.JsonRpc.CommunicationErrorException: Connection failed after 4 attempts. Error message:↓↓  No such host is known↓↓  No such host is known↓↓  No such host is known↓↓

Maybe there is a DNS problem? But as I also said, I can reach the Qlik Sense Hub from browser:

https://qlik-sense.qlikaws.domain.internal/

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I have not other suggestions.

Please open a support ticket so a support guy can connect with you.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

You can reach the Qlik Sense server via browser so the address resolution seems to work.

The first error that appears is the one about the 4747 port?

In my opinion you should start from the resolution of the first error that appears because following errors could ba a consequence of the first one.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried also the Test-NetConnection‌ which you mentioned on another discussion. It shows, that the connection should bepossible via port 4747:

nprint_testconnect.JPG