Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryr125
Professor-Ambassador
Professor-Ambassador

Qlik Sense - NPrinting HTML - Training Videos

Hi -

Is there any specific training videos  -  either on the  Qlik Sense or on the YouTube - that are related to NPrinting HTML training for Qlik Sense ?

 

Thanks - jerryr

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi,

 

First of all NPrinitng 16 which yo uhave listed in the label does not support Qlik Sense so you cant use it at all. You can oly use NPrinitng 17+ with Qlik Sense.

There is not "HTML Reporting with Qlik Sense" tutorial, but there are few basic HTML tutorials on https://help.qlik.com in Video section - just use search and narrow it down to NPrinting from left pane menu.

There are also tutorials on https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/HTMLReports/IntroHTML.htm describing some specific features re HTML development.

 

Other considerations:

  • NPrinting development is a complex process and requires well grounded  knowledge around QlikView/Qlik Sense application modelling and UI development (especially considering performance, datatypes, understanding duality of data, variables expansion etc..). These are prerequisites I would assume you already know about QVW or QVF before you start working with NPrinitng
  • NPrinting development - knowledge around NPrinting application, connections, filters, conditions, recipients, limitations etc.. this is important as you need to know what is possible (and what is not possible) and how to prepare your source document (QlikView or Qlik Sense) to support your final report. It is important to understand that 80-90 % of development is actually done in Qlik application and remaining 10% only is in NPrinting
  • HTML knowledge - mainly around inline styling and HTML development in general, but this does not require any NPrinting related knowledge. 

 

I can give you more detailed information if you could narrow down/ specify your question little bit more.

thank you & regards

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi,

 

First of all NPrinitng 16 which yo uhave listed in the label does not support Qlik Sense so you cant use it at all. You can oly use NPrinitng 17+ with Qlik Sense.

There is not "HTML Reporting with Qlik Sense" tutorial, but there are few basic HTML tutorials on https://help.qlik.com in Video section - just use search and narrow it down to NPrinting from left pane menu.

There are also tutorials on https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/HTMLReports/IntroHTML.htm describing some specific features re HTML development.

 

Other considerations:

  • NPrinting development is a complex process and requires well grounded  knowledge around QlikView/Qlik Sense application modelling and UI development (especially considering performance, datatypes, understanding duality of data, variables expansion etc..). These are prerequisites I would assume you already know about QVW or QVF before you start working with NPrinitng
  • NPrinting development - knowledge around NPrinting application, connections, filters, conditions, recipients, limitations etc.. this is important as you need to know what is possible (and what is not possible) and how to prepare your source document (QlikView or Qlik Sense) to support your final report. It is important to understand that 80-90 % of development is actually done in Qlik application and remaining 10% only is in NPrinting
  • HTML knowledge - mainly around inline styling and HTML development in general, but this does not require any NPrinting related knowledge. 

 

I can give you more detailed information if you could narrow down/ specify your question little bit more.

thank you & regards

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz

just to add to the above:

https://youtu.be/qf1h-W2DzHk

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jerryr125
Professor-Ambassador
Professor-Ambassador
Author

Thanks again for the guidance - I got the report to work in a few short hours - Jerry