Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vasiliy_Beshentsev
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense + Nprinting + On-Demand?

Hello.

Is it possible to work with On-Demand addon for NPrinting with Qlik Sense server now?

Cause in help it requires only QlikView server, and no information about Qlik Sense...

2017-06-01 11_18_12-Clipboard.png

And so why there is "Enable On-Demand" check box in NPrinting report overview?

2017-06-01 11_20_17-Qlik NPrinting - Internet Explorer provided by ERGO RUSSIA.png

Maybe it will be possible in the future?

23 Replies
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Does on-demand API support reports with multiple connections ?

jfortner2
Contributor III
Contributor III

This extension doesn't work in the Qlik Sense June 2018 version. It is using un-documented modules that are no longer available.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I feel sorry for all those who are now suffering with "unsupported" extensions. At the same time i am so glad that now they are not working as i was very vocal in some of my previous posts predicting exactly this situation (situation when release of Qlik Sense suddenly breaks all extensions)

I will say it again - forget about using 3rd party extensions as you will be left alone with the problem at the end.

cheers and good luck!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jfortner2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yeah...they're hard to "forget about" when Qlik Sense is still lacking so much functionality that was doable in QlikView.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I totally agree that Qlik Sense is still lacking a lot of functionality - but this is slowly changing and heading in right direction.

Using extensions is like cutting corners. Short term it can be worth doing, but long term definitely not?

As Qlik partner and consultant i spend all my time working with different clients and after implementation supporting them. Use of extensions is a shot in foot when extensions stops working and you have to come back to your clients to fix something.

So when you think about it, then you realize that it is better to build workaround using native objects or spent more time developing  than using extensions.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jfortner2
Contributor III
Contributor III

My point is simply that often you don't have another choice. When we purchased QlikSense we were promised that OnDemand would be available natively in the next release; it's been 2 years. Shame on us.

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

Hi people,

I am trying also to use this extension, but I am facing with connection problem between QS and NPrinting.

And never I could realize it.

But this extension is the most useful functionality that we need, my company, because QS doesn't have ability to print a report, in the shape we want.

Export data doesn't mean export report, and etc.

Qlik Sense should think about this functionality.

Thanks,

Jasmina

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

They do think - Rumor says that long term goal is to have it integrated.

Regarding connectivity - make sure you have added qlik sense to "Trusted Origins" in NPrinting admin console as well as you use user who is identified in NPrinitng as a user with privileges to run API / OnDemand tasks.

For testing you can grant this user Admin rights in NPrinitng.

This user needs to be imported/configured in NPrinting as a domain account.

Meanwhile if you are struggling with extension contact extension author directly as it is not supported by Qlik products yet.

regards

Lech

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

.I have already done that all...

Before half year I couldn't solve it, even with Bohua Li's support... Again I was writing to him. I am waiting for the answer, because now he rebuilt this extension to version June 2018.

Can you answer me why they published before one year this video if they don't support now this extension...

I cannot understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ0AdBd91tA&t=30s

Regards,

Jasmina

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

haha

When Qlik posted this video i was very vocal about it not being supported solution - see my anbswer in the link below!

https://qlikcommunity.qliktech.com/thread/268068

cheers

Lech