Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalmirall
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Qliknprinting on-demand extension- report downloads

Hi all,

After much trouble-shooting, we were able to get the on-demand extension (available on the qlik branch) working for qlik nprinting in our qlik sense instance.  It was pretty nifty for a day or so- then something changed so that when any user clicks a button in the qlik sense report to download, it now loads (as it did before), but does not show a download arrow button to then download the generated report (SEE SCREENSHOT IN ATTACHMENT).

The only things I'm able to narrow down that changed are:

1. Gave the user role more permissions (to make sure my new users could actually download the file without having developer access)

2. Added about 15 additional user accounts with the updated user role

I can't find record of the original user role permissions to reset the user role too, and I've disabled (though not deleted) the new user accounts in case to try to revert back to the 5-6 user accounts I had created originally that were working.  I have all the roles (admin, user, developer, newstand user), yet am facing the same download issue as my other users.

What am I missing here?  Suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks!
Katie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

First note that the On Demand components found in Qlik Branch are not supported by Qlik.

Please see the following On Demand installation instructions and requirements.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Dashboar...

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000060552

As shown in the image below, to enable access to generating On Demand reports, simply check the box within the default NPrinting 'User' role or any other custom or default NPrinting role as needed.

user role.PNG

I suggest starting a new discussion thread as well if needed given that this post was started before the Qlik NPrinting On Demand components were added as a built in and supported customization.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HI Kalmirall,

Thanks for your post and contribution.

Could you please let me know how did you give user role more permission so new users could actually generate reports with NPrinting On Demand? My experience so far is that I need to give a Developer role in NPrinting on Demand to allow the user to generate reports. The problem is our NP license only allows a maximum of two developers on NPrinting, therefore I am looking into a way to allow users without Developer role to generate these reports. (e.g.: users have User role on NP).

My current version is NP 19 April

Thank you!

Frank_S
Support
Support

First note that the On Demand components found in Qlik Branch are not supported by Qlik.

Please see the following On Demand installation instructions and requirements.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Dashboar...

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000060552

As shown in the image below, to enable access to generating On Demand reports, simply check the box within the default NPrinting 'User' role or any other custom or default NPrinting role as needed.

user role.PNG

I suggest starting a new discussion thread as well if needed given that this post was started before the Qlik NPrinting On Demand components were added as a built in and supported customization.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thank you.