Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense nprinting: how do I link fields from different tables/connections?

I need help with a specific NPrinting (excel template) issue.  For reference, I have attached a Word doc which shows the visual representation of what I am trying to do.

I am currently on Qlik Sense v.3.1 SR3, also using the latest version of Nprinting (November).

My issue is this:  !

NEED: In my NPrinting excel template, I want to show two separate data model tables on the same sheet/report – each ‘layered’ across the same employee name dimension

LAYER ACTION:   I can add separate layers for the employee dimensions from both data tables, but they function as separate and distinct layers

ISSUE: Even though the employee names are structured exactly the same in both tables, the field names are distinct and there is seemingly no linkage between the two name fields in NPrinting

REPORT RESULT:   When I use the Movement name layer on the Bounces table, I get the exact same table/values across each of the Movement table employees.  Same result when I attempt the reverse operation on the Bounces table

QUESTION: Is it possible to use a single layer across multiple tables that have the same dimension field – but different field titles??

Many thanks,

Kirk

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In short:

NPrinitng 17 does not provide "LinkedFields" functionality yet.

You can mimic similar behaviour by applying filters to the fields you would like to link ( independent filters for both connections)

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
wsissonQ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lech,

I see this still isn't supported and after opening a ticket myself recently, support confirmed it's not currently on the road map for inclusion either as of the June 2019 release.  Has anyone been able to come up with a solution aside from hard-coding the filters?  I need a way to link data between 2 different Qlik Sense app connections within one NPrinting report (i.e. link or join the 2 Qlik Sense connections within the report to join say connection1.PID = connection2.PID).  I'm not sure what the purpose of allowing connections to multiple Qlik Sense apps in NPrinting if you can't link the data between them, seems of limited use, right?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can:

1. create a new app only for reporting that merges data (and the objects you need) from the two original apps
  2. create a filter with values from two connections. For example CountryFromConnection1 = USA and CountryFromConnection2 = USA. This workaround doesn't work in all cases (for example, you cannot use it with cycles)

There are not other solutions at the moment (June 2019) and we don't know when the linked fields features will be part of the road map. Sorry for this.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.