Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arjun_TK
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikNprinting Report Issue

Hi Everyone,

I am having a report execution issue with one of the Nprinting Report.The Report executes properly when I try to add some filter values to it but the report doesn't execute for other filter values.It takes forever to execute. Could someone please help me with this? 

When I filter the app in Qliksense it works fine but in Nprinting it is not executing.

Thanks in Advance

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Could you add some details?

What version of Qlik NPrinting are you using?

What kind of report are you running?

Did you checked the log files? 

Did you checked if the filters are consistent and not returning an empty dataset?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Arjun_TK
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Please find the details ,

QlikNprinting Version: 17.4

it is a power point type report

image12  is the the log file for successfully executed with filter report  and image002 is the unsuccessfull report .

I checked the data for the unsuccessful report in qlikSense app and it had data for that particular filter .

Can you please let me know  where the issue is and i am pretty sure the filters are correct .

Thanks

Arjun T k

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You are using a very old version 17.4, so I strongly suggest to update to latest version. There are may bug fixes and improvements about filters between the two versions.

The images you posted are related to the task executions page, not the log files. Check the log files by following the instructions in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Loggin.... Log files contains more details and you can also enable the debugging mode.

I think the issue is related to all filters you are applying to the report. Without filters the reports are generated so try to apply a single filter, run and if it works apply the second etc in order to understand that filter generate the error. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you sure about filters?

They might seem Ok but... they are tricky

see here more: https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-...

and as Ruggero said - please share more light on what is not working...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Arjun_TK
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech,

Let me explain it clearly.

I have 2 dimensions A and B and both the dimensions have 1 and 0 as values in it. When i add the filter A=1 in the Nprinting report it works fine without any error and i have chosen "Numeric Value" is 1 in the filter definition because if select "Value"is 1 then it is not filtering. But when i add the filter B=1 in the report it takes forever to run and doesn't execute at all.

I am not exactly sure where the issue is?

Thanks,

Arjun

Frank_S
Support
Support

If you have numeric values as a filter then you must use 'numeric value is' as a value type and not 'value is'.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...

See Section: Selecting values

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!