cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_stone
Creator
Creator

QlikView Server Load Data Very Slow.

Currently, the load data process is very slow on QlikView server, and the cpu usage will keep on 100% always, RAM will take about 40%.

But, the local PC load data process is faster than on QlikView server, and the cpu usage will take about 80, and the RAM will take about 45%.

QlikView Server : install QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher

We don't run any other program on the QlikView Server. Please give some idea which how to improve the performance on QlikView server. Thanks.

9 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Maybe this tool http://qlikviewcookbook.com/download/script-log-analyzer/ can help you which part of your script is taking more time

rwunderlich

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌Is there a difference in the network connection between your database server and the local of / QV server?

Rob

alex_stone
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Rob, that both use the same connection. After the DBA add some storage to DB, it become slower.

But DBA said that it will not affect the performance. We don't know what's cause now.

alex_stone
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob, I have a try again, ODBC connection is faster than OLEDB connection on QlikView server. But, use OLEDB connection is fast also on local PC.It's very strange. What's cause slowness on QlikView server if use OLEDB?

alex_stone
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob, I load the necessary fields instead select * , and the speed is fast. Where can we updated the parameters on the OLEDB connection string to make it faster.

Kushal_Chawda

I am not sure but check the drivers which is 32-bit or 64-bit, may be you are using the 32 bit drivers on 64 bit OS.

alex_stone
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Kushal, I use 64 bit connection.

Kushal_Chawda

I think then issue is with the network bandwidth in between your QV server and database server. Can you check the same?

alex_stone
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Kushal, I add monitor counter Network Interface , and find some info as below, please help to analysis, thanks.

Network Interface:

Packets Received / Sec, Average

Run total 72 fields: 25

Run 42 necessary fields: 2568

Bytes Received / Sec , Average

Run total 72 fields: 32000

Run 42 necessary fields: 3866547

We can found that the speed is slow when load all data of 72 fields. And we cannot any reasonable cause. How to find out the root cause?