cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waterscg
Creator
Creator

QlikView app returning incorrect data to NPrinting

I'm encountering an odd issue with NPrinting June 2019 and QlikView 12.4. I have an NPrinting report that connects to a QlikView app to generate an Excel recipient file, to be imported into the NPrinting user database. (My report's Excel template uses the sheet/column layout specified in Recipients.xlsx -- extracted from Examples.zip, which I downloaded from the NPrinting help page. The QlikView app has a hidden tab containing three tables -- Filters, Users, and Groups -- which expose the data referenced in the Excel template. I'm not using nor exposing the Filters sheet's Advanced Search.) When I run the publish task to run the report to generate the recipients file, the data on the Filters sheet is in the wrong columns; i.e., rather than this:

Name | Description | App | Enabled | Connection | Values | Numeric Values | Formulas | Advanced Search
<Name> | <Description> | <App> | <Enabled> | <Connection> | <Values> | <Numeric Values> | <Formulas>

The data looks like this:

Name | Description | App | Enabled | Connection | Values | Numeric Values | Formulas | Advanced Search
<Name> | <Values> | <Description> | <App> | <Enabled> | <Connection> | <Numeric Values> | <Formulas>

Note that the data in the second through sixth columns is mixed up. (The data on the Users and Groups columns is correct.) Not surprisingly, the data on the Filters sheet being in the wrong columns is causing the corresponding import task to fail!

I worked around the issue by changing the report's template to output each of the second through sixth columns in the 'wrong' location; i.e.,

<Name> | <App> | <Enabled> | <Connection> | <Values> | <Description> | <Numeric Values> | <Formulas>

This results in a correct recipient file which can then be imported.

What steps have I taken to try to resolve this? I deleted and re-pasted the data columns in the Excel template. I deleted and re-imported the three table objects in the Excel template. I reloaded the connection's metadata. I deleted and re-created the report and template. I even deleted and re-created the connection and the app. I created a new report and template. No change. I'm not seeing this issue with any other NPrinting / QlikView apps.

What could be causing this issue?

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @waterscg 

Check out the following link.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000082531

If none of the information in therein assists, please start a new support case in the event that you may have uncovered a software defect since the inclusion of 'advanced search' in the NP recipient import file.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

I have the same issue (NPrinting June 2019 + Qlikview 12.40).

Have you already found a soluation?

Best regards, Patrick

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Try to:

- install QlikView 12.20 or older

- use the table tag instead of column tags

- open a support ticket

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
waterscg
Creator
Creator
Author

I've not yet found a solution. For this particular app, I'm continuing to work around the issue by changing the report's template to output each of the offending columns to the 'wrong' location. I will open a support ticket.

waterscg
Creator
Creator
Author

I've opened support case 01724612 for this issue.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please try to install QlikView 12.20 or older and let as know if it solves.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.