cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iazicifi
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Export Certificate Failing

I wanted to connect the Qliksense with the Nprinting server. So when i try to export the certificates from QMC, it throws the error

" the export of the certificates failed"

Used the root admin account to login in QMC

Attached the screenshot of the error

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Friend
Support
Support

@iazicifi yes this is an issue in QlikSense, you can open a support case and our team can help out, it will be necessary to delete existing certs and then run the 'bootstrap' command to create new ones to fix this.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-recreate-or-just-delete-certificates-...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Mika_2000
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Make sure to type in a certificate password, this password can be whatever you want.

Also make sure the file location where Qlik wants to save your certificates is an aviable directory.

If this directory does not exist you can just create a new map to where Qlik wants to export your certificates.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Actually @iazicifi
Do NOT insert a password as NPrinting cannot decrypt the password when the exported Qlik Sense certificate is password protected..

Also, to have the permission to export certificates from the QMC you should either:

1. have a domain account that is rootadmin on the QS server

2. otherwise, speak to a Qlik Sense ROOTADMIN domain user and ask them to perform the certificate export task for you if you are getting the reported error.

For more information about accurately exporting, see bullet 'three' of the following article.

You should follow all point in the article as well to ensure your connections will verify and reports will export as designed.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
iazicifi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks @Frank_S for the detailed info.

I tried your solution but unfortunately , i am still not able to export certificates. I am getting the same error

I have logged in the Qliksense hub using the domain user , who is also a root admin for qliksense and did the steps as been mentioned in the document which you have linked.

Just one observation,  wrt this point

1. Select .pfx file format in the Export file format for certificates drop-down list.

i dont have this option in my drop down. Only windows format and platform independent PEM-Format available

Please let me know if I am missing something. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Thanks for your response @iazicifi,

At this point, I would suggest that you start a support case to determine if there are problems with the Qlik Sense server. It seems a more in depth and thorough will be necessary going forward.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
David_Friend
Support
Support

@iazicifi yes this is an issue in QlikSense, you can open a support case and our team can help out, it will be necessary to delete existing certs and then run the 'bootstrap' command to create new ones to fix this.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-recreate-or-just-delete-certificates-...

chaz
Contributor
Contributor

how did you solve it ??? i have the same problem.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please follow the instruction in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with-... step-by-step. Missing a step will invalidate the procedure.

If this doesn't work I suggest you open a support ticket.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.