cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwerty89
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qliksense nprinting - edit chart data

I am not able to edit chart data in the ppts generated by qliksense nprinting?

Upon clicking on the charts , i get the select data option but the chart data excel does not pop up?

I am not sure whether this feature works or not in the ppts generated by qliksense nprinitng.

hic

dmohanty

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please add more details about how the chart is built. It is good also to add some screenshots in order to help people to better understand your issue.

Please refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/PowerPointReports/Chart-Native...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qwerty89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for the reply. I am listing down the steps that i followed in the whole process.

It's a simple bar chart. I have published the ppt after designing the template in nprinting designer.

I am just listing the steps followed in making the chart.

Nprinting designer template-

1.Inserted a chart in nprinting designer on a blank ppt.

2.Right click on the chart -> Edit data ->Edit data in excel -> chart data excel file opened ->drag and drop the tables in the chart data sheet ->Save

After this published the ppt report with neccesary filters(using publish task).

Generated PPT-

1.Opened the PPT

2.Checked for the same chart , it is well generated, but still want to make some changes in information

3.Right clicked on the chart -> Edit data ->Edit data in excel -> the chart data(excel) does not open this time 

I am not sure why the chart data excel does not open or its some limitation of nprinting.

Any help here will be much appreciated.

Let me know if you need any more clarifications.

Regards,

Sam

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I tried to reproduce with Qlik NPrinting June and September 2018 but I'm not able. In my installations Edit Data is correctly opened.

I suggest you to open a support ticket so they can investigate with your installation and data.

In the ticket please specify:

- what kind of connection are you using (QlikView, Qlik Sense)

- what version of Qlik NPrinting are you using

- if with some older versions it worked or not

These information will help us to investigate the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qwerty89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi ,

I am using Nprinitng designer and server both June 2017 versions.

I am able to open the chart data in the template creator.

Its just when i try to open it in final generated ppt report , the excel chart data does not pop up.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, this was clear. I tried to replicate and in my generated reports I was always able to edit the data. So I cannot reproduce your issue to deeper investigate it. I asked you to open a ticket so a person from the support can investigate directly on your installation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero